PDA

View Full Version : Turtle wax Microfiber question

blackntan
08-16-2002, 02:12 PM
Hey,

I saw these Micro fiber towels from turtle wax while I was in Pepboys today.. turns out they`re 70% polyester.. is this right??

Are these pads any good? Will they mess my finish up? Should I go back to my terrycloth ones??

thanks

chevyguy28
08-16-2002, 02:19 PM
You know, somebody is going to be shocked that I would say this, but they are pretty darn good! Are you talking about the package that contains two, one yellow and one blue? If so, these are by no stretch bad MF towels. Are they as plush as say neatitems.com towels? No. I know Turtle Wax has other MF towels that really stink.

Someone did a huge MF towel test with almost every brand, and the Turtle Wax got a 8/10. So you can see that they work.

Lemonxxs
08-16-2002, 02:53 PM
Check product review section....I posted them in my great towel debate a while ago....not bad for the $$$

RonPirate
08-16-2002, 03:38 PM
They do not suck, but they do not compare to the MF towels I got at Pakshak.

blackntan
08-16-2002, 04:08 PM
i know i know... I just need them for tomorrow morning... I am gonna order from pakshak soon, just wondering if these turtlewax towels will do the job...

thanks for input

PakShak
08-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Hi blackntan,

I have also heard alot of good reviews on JT International micro fiber towels. He does have a larger variety of micro fiber towels. You might want to give them a try too. They also have the waffle weave micro fiber towels which I have heard are great to dry your car. Plus heard alot of good things about Tom and his service. The prices on his micro fiber towels are actually good given the high quality in the mf towels he sells. When it comes to micro fiber towels, that is usually the best thing which is to try them all :D That way you will know what you like. Give each one a fair shot.

With Aloha,

Ranney

shaf
08-18-2002, 09:52 AM
I forgot to reply to this thread earlier! :doh

I like these towels. Currently they form almost all my MF collection, but even without other quality MFs to compare them to, I find them soft and plush. Price is right too.

I also did a review on them (CD scratch test) in the reviews section.

DougNew
08-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by blackntan

Hey, I saw these Micro fiber towels from turtle wax while I was in Pepboys today.. turns out they`re 70% polyester.. is this right??

Are these pads any good? Will they mess my finish up? Should I go back to my terrycloth ones??

thanks

Most (if not all) microfiber towels are either a 70-30 or 80-20 blend of polyester and polyamide, respectively, so the TurtleWax ones are in the right ratio (if the secondary fabric is polyamide).

I`ve used these particular towels before and found them to be quite good, in fact.