PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, Bounce in the dryer with MFs!

slawr2010
08-15-2002, 10:59 PM
I was washing/drying my MF towels tonight (Meg Ult Wipes and Bonnett), and when I was removing them from the dryer I noticed a "Bounce" sheet in there with them. I cursed a little bit, took out the dryer sheet and threw them back in the washer, then back in the dryer again. So Im taking them out of the dryer again, and to my HORROR :eek: there is *another* Bounce in there with them! Argh! So I threw them back in the washer AGAIN....my question is, do you guys think they are ruined now? I have always heard not to use the dryer sheets, but never really understood why...?

I hope I dont need to replace all these things!

Oh, and to make matters worse, somehow either the washer or dryer ate up my bonnett...it is nowhere to be found! :nixweiss Jeez, not a good night...

Taxlady
08-15-2002, 11:13 PM
I think they should be okay. The reason you don`t want to use fabric softener, is because MFs soak it up as if it were dirt. I think a liquid fabric softener would have been worse. Why not juts line dry them?

BTW, I thought dryers only ate socks. ;)

SXTMagnum
08-16-2002, 08:10 AM
sounds like you could use one of those mesh laundry bags to wash and dry in. i don`t know what they are called exactly. but, my wife uses them to protect her pantyhose and her, uh, unmentionables.:o ;)

Spork
08-16-2002, 09:16 AM
Yes the oils/chemicals in fabric softener stops fibers from absorbing water. They coat them to keep down static and make them "feel" softer. I do not think the dryer sheets will do much damage, but would not use them. I have started using a drying rack to dry mine as my dryer only works on the hot setting and has actually melted some spots on one of older MF towels. By the way the "no fabric softener rule" applies not just to MF towels but to any towel or rag that you want to absorb water. I never use it on any bath towels or rags as well. My wife complains that she likes it on her towels, so I said "then you do the laundry" and I have not heard her complain since!

upsdude
08-24-2002, 09:36 PM
I have washed my Mf`s and used bounce in the dryer about four times.I just don`t let them dry all the way,and hang them out to finish drying!I don`t know if it`s a good thing but it hasen`t hurt them or their ability none