PDA

View Full Version : Is z5 needed?

d_o_a96
08-15-2002, 10:05 PM
I just was informed that IHG doesn`t work with Zainos Z2, so should I waste money on Z5? What does it do exactly, I`m polishing the entire car to remove the majority of swirls/scratches? Just wasn`t sure if I should get it or not.:confused:

RonPirate
08-15-2002, 10:43 PM
Z5 is not a must, but it tends to hide light swirls and if you have a dark colored car it can bring out a bit more depth.

So yes even if you have perfect paint Z5 could make it look a bit better. Is it worth the extra money for the Z5 that you might not even need? Thats up to you.

DCT
08-16-2002, 11:55 AM
d_o_a96,

If you are thinking about getting the Z5 to replace a scratch/swirl remover, I wouldn`t do it. The Z5 is weak swirl remover/filler at best (that is part of it`s advertised purpose)! However, the Z5 is a very nice sealant by itself!

You can still use any polish you want to remove the scratches/swirl marks, and then wash with Dawn afterwards to remove the polish residue/oils, and then wash with Z7 to prep the surface.

SXTMagnum
08-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by White_F150

d_o_a96,

If you are thinking about getting the Z5 to replace a scratch/swirl remover, I wouldn`t do it. The Z5 is weak swirl remover/filler at best!

You can still use any polish you want to remove the scratches/swirl marks, and then wash with Dawn afterwards to remove the polish residue/oils, and then wash with Z7 to prep the surface.

i agree. i think of Z products as not adding anything but a temporary UV clearcoat. this is a good thing. so, that`s how i approach the paint surface when prepping for Z.