PDA

View Full Version : !!need Your Help Fellow Autopians !!

SHPatel
08-14-2002, 11:39 PM
Two days ago I had a windshield repair guy come to my house and fix a little chip I had. Well when he put the suction cup on it, it popped off and splattered this resin type material all over the windshield. Little did I know or even think to check the hood and see if any sprayed there.

So today I go out to QD my car and all of a sudden I hit these rough spots throughout the left side of the hood. As I look closer, I see that it`s the damn resin and it`s completely hardened onto the hood. I immediately went to the clay bar and clayed the hood for almost 1 hour. I have gotten alot of it out but there`s still a bunch left and you can see them clearly on the paint. They look like a bunch of paint bubble all over the hood.

OK so my question to all you guys is what should I do? How do I get this off and make my smooth paint come back. Should I try sap remover or would that damage the paint?

Sad thing is that this car is only 3 months old and I just detailed the whole thing last week. Sorry for the long post but I had to vent.

:mad:

imported_edschwab1
08-14-2002, 11:55 PM
Call the glass repair place. To check what they recommand you use to remove the resin. Another option is have them remove or cover the cost of removal.

Eric