PDA

View Full Version : Sealant/glaze recommendations

dan45hk
08-13-2002, 07:06 PM
I`d like some opinions on shine/gloss-enhancing products to use before applying S100. I don`t want to spend too much though.

Here is what i`ve thought of so far:

1. Klasse AIO & SG

2. Meguiar`s #7 and/or #20

3. Meguiar`s MPPP

If anybody has any other suggestions, i`d like to know.

shaf
08-13-2002, 08:03 PM
You should probably first decide what your budget really is and what kind of system you want to go with - sealant or glaze? Many of the products you listed are very different in the amount of work required and how much they cost. If you want a really inexpensive glaze, Mothers makes one (Sealer and Glaze).

btw, use #7 OR #20, not both.

clint
08-15-2002, 07:45 AM
I have never use anything bur 3m Imperial Hand Glaze- and I probably never will, seeing as how I bought a quart of the stuff! So I can`t compare other products for you.

But, on my black audi with clearcoat, which shows every foreign molecule of any contaminint or residue- the hand glaze gets the paint flawlessly clean and shiny and happy in preperation for my waxing.

I found the quart bottle of it for around 20 dollars by going to a body shop supply place that I found in the yellow pages..

It`s real easy to use if you follow the directions- unlike me who put it on while the car was hot, then went inside to get a snack.

It was just a little to buff back off in that case, but not very difficult.

Very easy on a cool car one panel at a time..

ExplorerXLT95
08-15-2002, 09:50 AM
Klasse All-In-One and Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Period. End of story. Follow the directions here about applying Klasse SG with a damp MF, then buff with a dry MF and you`ll probably be happy enough to not even want to put that S100 on there. The Klasse AIO is an on-off thing. Just wipe on to a haze, then wipe off immediately.

Nobody can touch Klasse. Nuff said.:xyxthumbs