PDA

View Full Version : How to remove TOUGH mark on dash...

kc's
08-13-2002, 01:31 PM
Our new vehicle was less than a week old when my oldest child, while sitting in the front seat, decided he needed to cross his right leg over his left. He was wearing Teva sandals at the time. He could not get his foot past the dash under its own power, so he grabbed his ankle and pulled.

The result - a heavy 1.5" black mark on our new tan dashboard.

I have tried Simple Green, Goo Gone, Goof Off, isopropol alcohol and window cleaner, with the best results being only a slight smearing of the mark.

By the way, the car is a 2002 Honda Odyssey - I have been cautioned about being too agressive with cleaning, as I might remove the color from the dash. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Any suggestions for removal? Thanks in advance!

Tony

louissc
08-13-2002, 11:49 PM
to clean a gymnasium floor of scuff marks from shoes...use a shoe.....try to use the soul of a shoe rubbing the flat part across the streak.....

kc's
08-14-2002, 10:59 AM
to clean a gymnasium floor of scuff marks from shoes...use a shoe.....try to use the soul of a shoe rubbing the flat part across the streak.....

Well, that`s certainly a novel thought - I`ll give it a try!

Thanks, 98altySE - I`ll let you know if it works.

Lemonxxs
08-14-2002, 12:04 PM
Also try a white vinyl erasor sold for drafters....(officve Depot)....It is amazing the things you can erase away from hard surfaces...

Try anything in a hidden spot first in case it does more damage than good

imported_Tony
08-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Try to reproduce the mark on a test surface. then test WD40, minerial sprits, tar remover.

good luck