PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Klasse users

imported_f150smith
08-12-2002, 11:14 AM
I have Klasse AOI and SG on my car.

I used Eagle One Wet, Wipe n` Shine during the application as per the instructions listed on the Classic Motoring Accessories Site.

I dust off my car every night with a California Duster then use the same Eagle One product to remove any contaminents that appear (that day).

I use the Eagle One a lot. I go over different sections regularly. By using this method, I have been able to go many weeks without washing my car.

So my question is: Will using Eagle One Wet, Wipe n` Shine regularly EXTEND out the life of the KLASSE on my car or will it REDUCE it????

Jngrbrdman
08-12-2002, 11:27 AM
I don`t believe that it will extend Klasse`s life. Klasse will last longer than the wet and shine anyway.

Question for ya: Is there any carnuba in Eagle One Wet, Wipe n` Shine? If there is, then you need to be aware that you can`t layer any other coats of SG on top of your current coats if you have any carnuba on the car. SG just won`t bond to that. With that in mind, I would say that the Eagle product will reduce the life of Klasse because you won`t be able to put more coats on. I like to add a layer of SG every other week or so. If you are using a carnuba QD between applications then you would be wasting Klasse by trying to put another layer on. Just a thought. I don`t know if there is any carnuba in Eagle One Wet, Wipe n` Shine, but it might be something you want to look into.

lonestar
08-12-2002, 11:51 AM
Here`s an idea from klassedirect on using AIO with water for QD:

http://www.klassedirect.com/5minutedetail.html

I haven`t tried this and am wondering what others think of this. Since AIO is both a polish and a sealant (do I have that right?) I`m not sure if using AIO as a QD is a good idea (because of the polish).

imported_Intermezzo
08-12-2002, 11:55 AM
E1WW&S contains no carnauba, but it does contain silicone.

NattyBumppo
08-12-2002, 12:03 PM
So would a non-carnauba QD like Mother`s Showtime prevent layering? Would it have any effect on the Klasse longevity?

I`m planning to apply AIO and SG this week and after about 2-3 layers of SG will top it off with P21s. I`ll use OGSO for subsequent quick detailing but inbetween SG layers would use the Mother`s QD as necessary. Sound Ok?

shaf
08-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Based on what`s been said in the past, I think both Eagle One Wipe & Shine or Mothers Showtime will work fine on Klasse.

I personally used E1 between my SG layers and as a lube for a coat or two (till I decided water was better). So far so good.

Forrest said he`s tried Showtime on Klasse, and several other ppl trust it with Zaino application so it MUST be okay! :D

Here`s a thread where this came up before: http://autopia.ws/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12795

It seems that most QDs (except the ones that definitely have carnauba in them) are turning out to be "sealant friendly", even the big old no-no Megs Quik Detailer. Forrest mentioned eariler that even if it contains "silicone" this doesn`t necessarily mean it`s incompatible (Showtime has some silicones). This makes sense to me because as we know, there are many varieties of silicone - only a few of them bad.

NattyBumppo
08-13-2002, 07:00 AM
4DSC...thanks for the info and link. It`s nice to know that I can still use all the Showtime from the Mother`s Clay Kits when I start layering :up.