PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Undercarriage Spray

NattyBumppo
08-12-2002, 08:55 AM
A friend stopped by yesterday and brought along a bottle of Griot`s undercarriage spray and boy does that stuff work great (smells pretty good too). It made the wheel wells, frame rails, sway bar...everything I sprayed a nice deep gloss black wasn`t runny and dried pretty quickly. One complaint is that overspray will stain asphalt so now I`ve got some new stains to go along with the ones from AA Tire Foam.

If anyone was considering trying Griot`s Undercarriage Spray, I would say :up.

Pats300zx
08-12-2002, 10:29 AM
I have used it with good results also. Only complaint is that it is very oily. Other than that it works great !!!!

Redcar GUY
08-12-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

I have used it with good results also. Only complaint is that it is very oily. Other than that it works great !!!!

I`ll 2nd that:)

NattyBumppo
08-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

Agreed...That explains the stains on the driveway. Do you think it could just basically be a liquid silicone spray? Any chance this stuff could actually do more harm than good?

imported_Aurora40
08-12-2002, 01:19 PM
Do you have to clean the undercarriage first? Or does it sort of clean? Does it provide any sort of protection or anything? I scrubbed my wheelwells out the other day and then coated them with Meguiar`s Engine-Kote. It worked awesome. It leaves the same semi-gloss hard coating as it does on an engine. It feels real smooth and dry once it dries. Also, it isn`t flammable and won`t deteriorate anything. I haven`t noticed any staining, but it hasn`t really dripped much on the driveway (after two engines and one car`s-worth of wheelwells).

If anyone has used Engine-Kote and Undercarriage spray, how do they compare for use on wheelwells and undercarriages (I know, it`s probably a weird comparison)?