PDA

View Full Version : Megiuars Gold Class Shampoo on Z?

ultrajim49
08-12-2002, 01:15 AM
I`ve asked this Q about a half a year ago,

the answer was : it won`t do any harm.

Well,

I had a bottle of MGCS , so, why not try and see what happens.

My car has 5 layers of Z5(ZFX) and 2 Z2(ZFX)

The MGCS works , meaning:

lots of sudsing , and it takes the dirt off of your car

smells like nothing (realy , can`t place a name on that smell , neutral to me)

pretty economical too : 15 times I could wash my MPV , once a week (no ecceptions).

Overall I was pleased.

butt,

this weekend I washed with Z7 again (MGCS is empty) and :

I had that "WOW" feeling again : the Z7 litteraly lets the Z revive.

and this is the bottomline of my "test" : MGCS does NOT harm your Z`d car , but it misses the extra touch in shine-boost that Z7 gives.

I knew that Z is a system : it all works together , now I`m even more convinced of the need of every part of that system.

The greatest reward I`ve got yesterday : two times two diffrent people steped up to me to congrat me with my new car.:cool:

They couldn`t believe it`s a year and a half old , and when they saw the car it was after a 300miles highway drive.

The cars around me all were covered in dust , but for some reason mine wasn`t:xyxthumbs

Needles to say :"I like Z"

:wavey

Happy detailing

Christiaan

DCT
08-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Yep........... I agree! The more you follow the system, the better it looks and feels, and it seems to last longer!

MikeLS
08-12-2002, 09:29 AM
If DAWN won`t degrade or remove Zaino, I think it`s pretty safe to say MGC won`t even begin to touch it. Although, the MGC won`t do anything to renew that Z shine becuse it has none of the Z2 polymers like the Z7. Back when I used MGC, it was extremely mild, one of the mildest solutions I`ve ever used. I think they may have changed the formula since then, but even so, I can`t imagine MGC stripping or even degrading much of anything! In other words, your average car soaps won`t do anything bad to Z, but it won`t do anything good either, like renewing that Z shine. Yes, the Z system works very well to compliment the shine and protection.

Mike

:)

jfeliot
08-23-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Metallic Mike

If DAWN won`t degrade or remove Zaino, I think it`s pretty safe to say MGC won`t even begin to touch it. Although, the MGC won`t do anything to renew that Z shine becuse it has none of the Z2 polymers like the Z7. Back when I used MGC, it was extremely mild, one of the mildest solutions I`ve ever used. I think they may have changed the formula since then, but even so, I can`t imagine MGC stripping or even degrading much of anything! In other words, your average car soaps won`t do anything bad to Z, but it won`t do anything good either, like renewing that Z shine. Yes, the Z system works very well to compliment the shine and protection.

Mike

:)

Last winter my car had 5 months and about 6000mi driving on roads salted so bad they turned white. Only thing done was a quick spray off to get rid of the salt every 2 weeks or so.

In the spring, I hand washed using Z7 & QD`d using Z6 and was amazed at how the shine and beading returned. With each wash and QD I saw the shine and beading improve. After the 3rd I had people at work complimenting me on how great my car looked (then I clayed & polished and blew them away :) ).

That`s enough proof for me that Z6 & Z7 are the best choice for Zaino users.