PDA

View Full Version : Bumper

tkr128
08-11-2002, 08:10 PM
I`ve done a search on this but can`t find anything specific.

Is it okay to use the PC with SMR or FI-2 on my bumpers? They`re swirled like the rest of the car and I`m not sure how the paint on a plastic bumper would react. Thanks

KCPreki11
08-11-2002, 09:51 PM
If it`s painted...I think it should be ok.

imported_Tony
08-11-2002, 09:53 PM
Yes, treat paint like paint. Treat clear coated wheels like paint. There is some plastic that is not paint but simular to a gel coat. In that case use a plastic polish. Your bumpers are painted therefore treat them like paint. On rubber like trim and bumpers like on the PT Cruiser use a trim polish like Mother`s back to black.

Good Luck.

KCPreki11
08-11-2002, 10:00 PM
I always get streaks when applying black trim dressing...any ideas?

imported_Tony
08-11-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by KCPreki11

I always get streaks when applying black trim dressing...any ideas?

I use Mothers back to black with a foam applicator. No streaking and normally I do not need to buff out.

imported_Intel486
08-12-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by rightlane

I use Mothers back to black with a foam applicator. No streaking and normally I do not need to buff out.

I`ve never used it but I hear Mother`s Back to Black runs down off the trim and onto the paint or chrome or whatever. Have you experienced that?

imported_Tony
08-13-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

I`ve never used it but I hear Mother`s Back to Black runs down off the trim and onto the paint or chrome or whatever. Have you experienced that?

No, it sounds like they are using too much product. Back to Black does run but it is easy to control with the right pressure on the applicator. It only take a few minutes to get use to the product. I have not gotten any on the paint but I believe Back to Black would wipe off easy. I use to use it on the bumpers of my PT Cruiser but now I have chrome bumpers.

Taxlady
08-13-2002, 08:45 PM
I haven`t had the Back to Black run. I followed the instructions: massage it into the trim, buff off excess, repeat if necessary, which it was in my case. BTW, it works on colours other than black. My trim is dark grey.