PDA

View Full Version : Need some Pro detailing help

Jon89LE
08-11-2002, 06:31 PM
I was refered to this site by a person on my car club and i am very greatful:) About 3 months ago had my car painted and spent 4gs on it so im looking to see what is the best stuff to use. I purchased Zainos Z-2, Z-6,Z-7, and ZFX. What else should i get? Any particular applicator i should get? I heard somewhere something about using a wax and polish on the paint to get an even more wetter look. Any one know anything about this? Im open to any info and especially tips. Sorry for all the questions but im really anal when it comes to my car so i figured this would be the place to ask. Thanks!

KCPreki11
08-11-2002, 10:06 PM
4g`s...I sure would want to protect it also.

I think you got all the Zaino you need...if you have slight swirls, (which you should`t if you cared for the paint the correct way out of the shop) then I would also pick up Z5. I would get some foam applicators to apply the Zaino.

Polish and wax seem to give a deeper wetter look than a polymer (Zaino, Klasse) which gives more durability, better shine, and in zaino`s case, %99 optical clarity.

couch16
08-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Really anal about your car? Well you came to the right place! We`re all nuts about our cars.

First, I`d recommend you do a lot of reading here on Autopia. There`s a wealth of information here.

Second, you should consider buying the Autopia Guide to Detailing. There`s a lot more information there.

Third, yes, Zaino is a great product. It will look great and do a fantastic job of protecting your paint. Personally, I use Klasse AIO and SG along with P21S as a topper. Many others here swear by the amazing shine of Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. You can`t go wrong picking any of these products.

Fourth, after you seal it, you`ll surely need to wash it once in a while. Yet washing is the step most likely to add swirls to your paint. Do quite a bit of reading on this subject. A few people, including myself, have posting their washing instructions here. Read up on this. You`ll be glad you did.

Fifth, QD`ing. You`ll probably QD a lot. Do some reading on this too.

Sixth, post some pictures! We`d sure love to see your 4K paint job with Zaino on it!

couch16
08-12-2002, 07:22 AM
Where abouts in New York are you?

We`ve got a few Autopians in the Westchester County (including myself). If you`d like to try Klasse, P21S, etc., we have them. Or if you need some work done with the PC, we have them too.

Let us know!

Jon89LE
08-12-2002, 11:43 AM
Ok, i can already see im going to enjoy this place:cool: What about drying?
Polish and wax seem to give a deeper wetter look than a polymer (Zaino, Klasse) which gives more durability, better shine, and in zaino`s case, %99 optical clarity. So should i use another thing in addition to Zaino. You mentioned that Zaino was a polymer, so does that mean it isnt a wax or polish?!? :confused:

~Im actually right near westchester. I live in Dutchess County but i got to highschool in Westchester in Somers. Where in Westchester are you guys at? I have a few pictures of my car(it looks a lil funny since theres no engine) on my website. You can see some before and after pictures there.

Jon89LE
08-14-2002, 01:04 AM
TTT