PDA

View Full Version : Newbie W Zaino Questions

Dan
08-11-2002, 12:21 PM
Hey, I’m Hoping Any Experienced Zaino Users Can Help Answer A Few Questions For Me.

1- Is It True You can Apply & Remove Zaino In Direct Sunlight? { I Have No Shade @ My House }

2- If I Don’t Like The Results { Highly Unlikely } How Can Zaino Be Removed From The Car ?

3- Is It Ok To Apply To ALL My Plastic Trim, Head & Tail lights?

4- If Heard { Nothing Sticks To This Stuff } If applied To My Wheels Will If Cut Down On Brake Dust Build Up ?

Thanks For Any Info You Can Provide Me.

Dan Nestor

Steve @ Guru
08-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Hi Dan - welcome to Autopia!

While I can`t speak for everyone, here are my experiences in regard to your questions:

1) It`s possible, but it`s difficult. You end up using much more product than normal, and it is slightly more difficult to remove. I`d really recommend trying to find some shade.

2) Zaino can be removed a number of ways:

a) A heavy Dawn wash with claying afterwards

b) Isopropyl Alcohol (time consuming)

c) An abrasive product like SMR, DACP, etc.

d) I`m guessing ABC wash would strip it too, but I haven`t confirmed this.

-- you can search the archives for info on all of these products --

3) It`s safe for plastic trim, and it won`t stain it, but I`d still try to avoid the majority of your black plastic trim. It`s ok to use on headlights/tail-lights; no worries.

4) I apply it to my wheels (which generate a lot of brake dust), and while it doesn`t noticably reduce the amount of brake dust accumulation, it is much easier to wash away (I just use a strong stream of water and a quick pass with my rim-only wash mitt).

Hope this helps, and welcome aboard. :)

DCT
08-13-2002, 05:29 AM
Dan,

geekysteve pretty much covered it! One thing that I would add: If you can find some shade to "apply" the Zaino, it`s fine to "remove" the Zaino in direct sunlight........... provided you are not using the ZFX! As a matter of fact, I prefer to do it that way. I apply a coat of Z2 or Z5 in the shade, then pull my vehicle out in the sun for hours before I remove it. Remember............ don`t do this with ZFX!

Boongie
08-13-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by White_F150

Dan,

geekysteve pretty much covered it! One thing that I would add: If you can find some shade to "apply" the Zaino, it`s fine to "remove" the Zaino in direct sunlight........... provided you are not using the ZFX! As a matter of fact, I prefer to do it that way. I apply a coat of Z2 or Z5 in the shade, then pull my vehicle out in the sun for hours before I remove it. Remember............ don`t do this with ZFX!

What happens with ZFX in sunlight?

DCT
08-13-2002, 07:08 AM
The ZFX cures the Zaino plenty fast enough! If you let the Zaino with ZFX dry to long, or let it sit in the sun for a while with the ZFX, it can be a little difficult to remove! Won`t hurt it though!

chevyguy28
08-13-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by White_F150

The ZFX cures the Zaino plenty fast enough! If you let the Zaino with ZFX dry to long, or let it sit in the sun for a while with the ZFX, it can be a little difficult to remove! Won`t hurt it though!

Yes, I have found this to be true after waiting 40 minutes instead of 20. However, after a few hours on the car it wipes of VERY easily. Oops, I missed a spot behind the wheel :(