PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used Oxi Clean to clean their detailing products?

E30 325i
08-10-2002, 03:16 AM
I just found out that I have some and I was wondering if anyone has ever used this product to clean foam applicators/terry cloth towels/microfibers. Seems like it cleans realy well. I haven`t used it yet. I`ll post the ingredients tomorrow.

imported_seres
08-10-2002, 10:03 AM
It does work well; just make sure all the powder is well dissolved before putting your towels in -- the MFs could trap the undissolved powder.

I still use a liquid detergent also.

dsl4evr
08-10-2002, 02:38 PM
I put a scoop in my wash bucket before I wash my MF`s and sponges. It really works great. And it is important to make sure it`s totally disolved too.

E30 325i
08-12-2002, 09:45 PM
OK thanks guys. But what about just throwing some Oxi Clean in the laundry along with the soap? I know undissolved powder is the enemy because it could scratch up the paint, but if it`s in the laundry, with all that turning and tossing, won`t the power just dissolve anyways?

porterdog
08-12-2002, 10:13 PM
That`s what I do, and I`ve never had a problem with retained crystals. Retained soap, yes- run your towels thru a second wash cycle with no soap sometime. You`ll be amazed at the amount of foaming that still goes on!

Robert