PDA

View Full Version : Just Detailed the Mustang

topnotchtouch
08-09-2002, 08:32 PM
Hello all,

Just finished detailing my car this past weekend and thought I would share the results with you all.

I had some clear coat damage on just about every body panel due to a tarp I used when trailering the car a month or so ago.

After spending a few days trying to remove the abraisions by hand I got frustrated and started surfing the net looking for other solutions. That is when I discovered Autopia and there has been no turning back since :)

I purchased a Meguiars/PC DA polisher to give me a little more elbow grease. I used both Meguiars Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner as well as Merguiars #9 Swirl Remover 2.0. With these two products, the PC and many applications I was able to completely remove the abraisions.

Now starting with a good base I applied a couple of coats of Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze and another couple coats of #26 High Tech Yellow Wax. I have been a long time user of Meguiars products and I am pretty happy with the results.

Click Here to go to my WebShots page and click on the album with the date 8-2-2002 in the title. (http://community.webshots.com/user/rjstaaf/)

Although the car has never looked better, I think I can get a little more shine out of it so I am going to take the plunge and go to the dark side and try Zaino :)

Ryan
08-09-2002, 09:55 PM
I would really like to see the Zaino on this car.

It might just be the lighting but, has anyone else look at the before afters and actually like the befores more than the after?

Ryan

topnotchtouch
08-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Ryan

It might just be the lighting but, has anyone else look at the before afters and actually like the befores more than the after?

Ryan

Probably has a lot to do with the time of day I took the pictures. The befores were on a bright day around 4pm and the afters were taken about 7pm when the sun was on its way down and the car was in the shade. Trust me the car has lots more shine now than it did before. Maybe I will take some more tomorrow at that same locationas the befores around noon when the sun is up for a better comparison :)

PakShak
08-09-2002, 10:11 PM
Hi Bob,

Great job! It looks real good. I like the way the reflections just jump right out at you. Sweet!

With Aloha,

Ranney

:xyxthumbs

topnotchtouch
08-10-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Ryan

Ryan

Ryan,

OK, took some new pictures. They are at the end, 75-93. I just uploaded them so they may take a little while to show.

http://community.webshots.com/album/46432848qAIEzV

Let me know what you think. My favorite is 84, I think it is a nice panoramic view of my neighborhood :) Also shows off my cloudy paint ;)