PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire or Nu Finish

kaptsig
08-09-2002, 09:30 AM
I`ve been using Nu Finish & I like the results, but lately I`ve read a lot of good things here about Blackfire. I just read a bunch of threads about polymer finishes and Blackfire was not mentioned. Is it a polymer? sealer? wax? Where can I find it? I want something easy to use and durable. I like that Nu Finish can be applied in the sun. Is Blackfire a comparable product? Thanks.

F150BOB
08-09-2002, 12:42 PM
Sciguyjim,

I use both products. For what it costs, and the way I use it, I think Nufinish is a very good product. It keeps my truck shiny and makes it very easy to wash. This is important to me as it takes forever to wash a full-size truck. The truck sits outside in the full Sacramento sun all year long. After 5 years of use, the paint I haven`t scratched (its a 4X4) still looks and feels good.

I use the Blackfire on my daily driver. It is garaged when home, but it sits in the sun while I`m at work. I`ve only put 2 coats of the blackfire on. The blackfire seems to be lasting just fine, its been on over 2 months now, and the cars paint still seems to have a "glow" to it. It is a different look than the Nufinish and it does not make the paint feel "slick", but I like the way it makes my white paint look a alot.

imported_Tony
08-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Nu finished is very durable. Why not try a topper over the Nufinish like S100. I topped with meg. #26 and it gave the car a deeper shine. It was an older car and I just sold the car. I perfer Klasse AIO. it is easier to apply and remove and gives a better shine.

BTW: My main complaint about Nufinish is it stains the trim. On the other hand I don`t think anything last longer and Nufinish works well on clear coated wheels because of its duarability.

kaptsig
08-09-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by rightlane

Nu finished is very durable. Why not try a topper over the Nufinish like S100. I topped with meg. #20 and it gave the car a deeper shine. It was an older car and I just sold the car. I perfer Klasse AIO. it is easier to apply and remove and gives a better shine.

BTW: My main complaint about Nufinish is it stains the trim. On the other hand I don`t think anything last longer and Nufinish works well on clear coated wheels because of its duarability.

A) What is S100?

B) I prefer to keep things simple and not worry much about using brand A on top of brand B. I`m not a detailing fanatic. I like a shiny car but I like little work even more. I`m on a disability income so I want to keep costs to a minimum too.

C) I use Nu Finish on my wheels too, and I like it too.

imported_Tony
08-09-2002, 10:38 PM
I am talking about S100 paste wax that is sold at motorcycle shops for about $10 a can. Check this out

http://www.autopia.ws/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13715&perpage=20&pagenumber=1