PDA

View Full Version : cleaning velour seats

58fury
08-08-2002, 09:55 PM
I`ve tried to keep my freakn` velour seat clean, but they attract lint big time, reg vacuuming doesnt do the trick:nixweiss anyways ive found that if i take a spray bottle of water and spray a mist onto the seat, then use my hand to collect it together works. anyone else with some advise:confused: gotta say i love my Golf but those damn seats:down I`ll be cleaning tomorrow for a car show on Sunday, not looking forward to it.

Taxlady
08-08-2002, 10:58 PM
I have velour upholstry in my Volvo too. I find that a damp rag works really well at collecting the lint, dog hair, whatever. It also takes off light surface dirt.

Propaganda13
08-09-2002, 03:07 PM
Evercare Magic Brush. It`s a red two sided lint brush that can be picked up cheap at Target. This plus a lint roller for the hard to get places (sometimes taking the individual sheets in your hand) really help keep the car clean. I keep both in the car. A quick little brush down with the Magic Brush anytime I feel like it makes like black velour look like new.

I`m wondering if some 303 Fabric Protector will help too. Oh well, that`s for the next order.

imported_agentf1
08-10-2002, 02:33 AM
I also use a lint roller on our velour seats... works really good. I usually use about 2 sheets per seat while the sheets are on the roller, and then peel one or two sheets off and just kinda go over the seat in the crevices etc sort of just touching it where I want to pick up lint, not really rubbing it.

It is the only way I can get the seats lint free. I agree the vacumn is pretty useless for this. They look perfect after this is done.

58fury
10-12-2002, 11:56 AM
well i used some very sticky double sided tape, made for securing carpet, its black in color, anyways i find it removes all the lint/hair in one easy step! very happy with this process!:up i use a small strip about 5 or so inches, and pat down and remove, then repeat the process untill the tape is no longer sticky, then use another strip, before you know it your seat is like new