PDA

View Full Version : CD2 Engine Detailer

tcfool
07-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Ok first off everyone say TC is a Fool! :beat Come on say it! Like a moron I forgot to get before pictures of the engine bay.. grrrr :angry Well anyhow I wanted to clean up my 1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4`s engine before I started on the outside detail. Let me state I have never cleaned the engine bay since I purchased her in 1995. I may have sprayed her out at a car wash bay but that is it... She wasn`t like caked with oil and dirt but she was surely pretty black, dirty and ugly...

I used a can of regular Gunk engine degreaser/rinsed. Then I sprayed simple green everywhere and used an old sheepskin wash mitt and quickly hand cleaned as best as I could. Rinsed again... used my blower to get the water out of the cracks and let the engine run for 5 min.

I then proceeded to use the CD2 Engine Detailer spray. Let it sit for 20 min`s and then took her for a drive for about 20 min. Opened her up and used a towel to absorb a bit that had not hardened.

I am impressed! I used to not like detailing dirty old engines due to the amount of work that it took... This took me about 40-50 min tops... Can you say new again? You be the judge!

TC
:bigups
http://img20.exs.cx/img20/8171/Pict0002.jpg
http://img20.exs.cx/img20/9637/PICT4.jpg
http://img20.exs.cx/img20/5004/PICT9.jpg
http://img20.exs.cx/img20/7591/PICT10.jpg

rollman
07-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Looks great , :bigups it was time well spent. I doubt that engine bay looked that good even when it was new.

The Chee
07-17-2004, 08:06 PM
wow, impressive, looks new definitely :bigups :bigups

tcfool
07-18-2004, 03:59 AM
Wow I know... My friend stoped by and could not believe it... he wants me to do his now.... here we go money made already..........$$

TC
;)

daves97
07-18-2004, 10:02 AM
I tried the exact same procedure last weekend as you did.I was very impressed with how good it turned out.

Jngrbrdman
07-18-2004, 05:32 PM
I knew you`d like it. :bigups I don`t know anyone who has tried this stuff and then walked away disappointed. Say what you want about silicones or whatever else may be in it, but they work like a champ. I`ve been using this stuff for years now and have seen absolutely zero adverse effects from it. All I have to show are awards and recognition for having the finest detailed engine at the show. :bow ---> CD2

I had a show on Friday that I needed to get more CD2 for. I couldn`t find any at my usual suppliers. I was getting a little worried that I wouldn`t be able to find it anymore. Then as kind of a last ditch effort I took a stroll around my local AutoZone. They had done a little rearranging of stuff and things were kind of in different places. They didn`t have it anywhere that I would have expected, but sure enough they had it. They had a lot of it too. AutoZone is probably a good source for the stuff if you are having a hard time finding it. It looks like they keep it pretty well stocked. I bought 5 cans just to be safe. They still had more back there too. $3.99 a can and worth every dime. :D

rockford33
07-19-2004, 07:20 AM
I did a quick detail of my fiancee`s Civic (2001) engine bay before we had someone come look at it and buy it. No CD2 on hand, but I did try some Gunk foaming degreaser. While I felt it did a good job cleaning the engine, it also got everywhere. The foam would stream out (not a fine spray) and splatter everywhere when it hit parts of the engine. I also ended up going through about 2/3 of a can before I knew it. Am I doing something wrong? I am thinking I might try the Gunk citrus cleaner next and hope it is a little easier to use. I just didn`t feel like I was getting good coverage with the foaming degreaser.

tcfool
07-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by rockford33
Am I doing something wrong? I am thinking I might try the Gunk citrus cleaner next and hope it is a little easier to use. I just didn`t feel like I was getting good coverage with the foaming degreaser.

You did nothing wrong friend.. I feel that it is not the best nozzle for the product.. you just have to live with the splatter.. I always plan on using a whole can on each engine. It is somewhat inexpensive so I just spray and spray and keep a towel to catch any splatter that might hit the body outside of the engine bay... The Citrus cleaner might be the way to go... never have tried it.. but if it is like the SG applicator then the finer spray feature would be most welcome...

TC
:beat