PDA

View Full Version : MF and soft towels.

metoo1022
08-07-2002, 05:39 AM
I`m seeing so much about MF. Are these made specifically for detailing, or are they sold for other applications?

I`m picturing those super soft towels that you use for babies. Are those MF?

ultrajim49
08-07-2002, 05:46 AM
A search would have learned you this:

an MF is a Micro Fibre cloth.AFAIK not specialy made for car-care but for house-hold.

For pictures , describtions and/or prices of MF I suggest you browse the sponsors of Autopia.

Welcome to the forum

allways glad to welcome a new member:wavey

A small remark though : if possible put your Q`s in 1 threat , now I`ve got to go to 2 threat`s to answer your Q`s

happy detailing

:xyxthumbs

metoo1022
08-07-2002, 07:02 AM
Thanks CVCALEN. I`m not a "no-search-newbie"- honest. I knew that MF was Micro Fibre, but I wasn`t exactly sure of the other applications. Do you have any idea how many threads you find when you search autopia for MF :scared.

Questions in one thread- Good idea. Thanks.

Originally posted by cvcaelen

A search would have learned you this:

an MF is a Micro Fibre cloth.AFAIK not specialy made for car-care but for house-hold.

For pictures , describtions and/or prices of MF I suggest you browse the sponsors of Autopia.

Welcome to the forum

allways glad to welcome a new member:wavey

A small remark though : if possible put your Q`s in 1 threat , now I`ve got to go to 2 threat`s to answer your Q`s

happy detailing

:xyxthumbs :scared

ultrajim49
08-07-2002, 08:24 AM
any idea how many threads you find when you search autopia for MF .

Yeah, some words are used in allmost every post

Autopia is verry good for your car-appearance but verry bad for your eyes (both the blinding car and the hours of reading posts):D

jasonatv22
08-07-2002, 12:59 PM
You get zero since the search won`t accept words under three letters.

chevyguy28
08-07-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Doc Roadster

I`m seeing so much about MF. Are these made specifically for detailing, or are they sold for other applications?

I`m picturing those super soft towels that you use for babies. Are those MF?

MF has been embraced by the detailing community, but I believe they were originally made for cleaning around labs where water or other chemicals could not be used. They have made there way into optical labs, to the household market, and now to detailing.

I don`t think MF is used for babies because of stains.

imported_dchu1975
08-08-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

I don`t think MF is used for babies because of stains.

Stains the babies? :p

imported_matthew
08-11-2002, 03:04 PM
so how much do these MF towels cost, and are they better than terry clothes?

imported_matthew
08-11-2002, 03:18 PM
ejant - thanks.

i am a total newbie towards this. what would be a good size to buy, and do i use these towels for washing and drying?

whats the `best` (or easiest to work with, most convienent size) to get....

imported_Tony
08-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ejant

The towels will vary from one vendor to the next.

Depends on the size of the towel.

The nap 70/30 or 80/20

JT International.

www.Neatitems.com

www.Pakshak.com

All sell quality MF towels at reasonable prices.

I agree with ejant, I have both Neatitems and Pakshak. Pakshak is a very good value and I use his towels about 90% of the time. Neatitems are a little more plush but they cost a little more. I like to use Neatitems towels for dry buffing because of their plushness.

chevyguy28
08-11-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by RX-8

Stains the babies? :p

I was thinking of MF diapers, eww.

imported_matthew
08-11-2002, 04:17 PM
Hi guys. Just took a trip to pep boys for the kickers. I could not find an MF towels there, and all of the 100% Cotton terry cloth towels, etc, were all made in China or Pakistan.

I guess I will order online from these places. I wonder how many I should get.

Finally, should I use these for washing as well, applying polish and wax, or are these just to be used for drying and buffing.

Thanks guys!

imported_matthew
08-11-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ejant

I guess you would have to say personal preferrence here.

I like the 24x24 lime green towels from Pakshak. Good size when folded in quarters.

hmm mihgt order these, but i see a light blue and mint green, i assume you meant mint green?

KCPreki11
08-11-2002, 10:10 PM
He means mint green. Do not buy MF`s from those stores, their crap compared to the MF`s online. I have 10 16X16`s...this is plenty for me. Use them for buffing and drying. Their great for QD`ing.

tkr128
08-11-2002, 10:15 PM
I went to Kragen the other day and noticed they had some MF towels. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the Nicsand brand on them. :scared Like any Autopian would do, I backed away. :D I can`t believe they would sell them there, especially when lots of people go in thinking whatever they sell must be good.