PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Mitsubishi`s paint

ben54
07-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Good, bad, okay? Any opinion would be welcomed.

Drove a red Evo today. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Mitsubishi`s paint. I should have checked, but I`m not even sure if the red is single stage or 2 stage.

EZ Boy
07-18-2004, 03:46 AM
Should be 2 stage. Probably lots of orange peel. Made in Japan or Stateside?

ben54
07-19-2004, 11:46 AM
This car is made in Japan. The paint looked pretty good, but it was dirty so it was hard to see any defects. I did notice one scratch on the hood, which didn`t seem to phase the salesperson. I guess people that buy this car, aren`t too concerned about the quality of its paint.

groebuck
07-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Japanese paint is thin (at least I have found) between Honda/Acura and Nissan - so much so that I have chips from stones that go down to the metal - the evo is a badass!!! -

ben54
07-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by groebuck
Japanese paint is thin (at least I have found) between Honda/Acura and Nissan - so much so that I have chips from stones that go down to the metal - the evo is a badass!!! -

I agree on the paint. The paint on my Nissan was thin. I had rock chips everywhere, and in odd places like on the side of the car.

I`ve been working with the Mitsubishi salesperson for some time now, so to convince me, we wanted me to open the Evo up in a parking lot and on the freeway. I took a couple of fast turns in the parking lot and the car stuck like glue. On the freeway, the car didn`t pull like a train, but once the turbo kicked it, it took off like a rocket. Love to hear that turbo whine. The ride also wasn`t has harsh as I thought it would be. More harsh than a 325i or G35, but not as harsh as a Mustang GT or Camaro SS. Now, if I can only get a great price on one.

groebuck
07-19-2004, 02:42 PM
yeah I cannot see paying what they ask for a car that tiny!!! :) (and I LOVE THE EVO but HATE THAT WING!!).

Do a comparo with the new Subaru - I still have a soft spot for the Dodge SRT-4 :)