PDA

View Full Version : New use for old wax and an orbital!

DaGonz
08-05-2002, 12:26 PM
I was cleaning the carpets in the house with our Hoover steam vac this morning...the small rugs were laid out on the garage floor. I noticed that the hardwood floors in the kitchen, dinign room and entry hall looked a little "dull".

I washed the floors, then put a coat of of Meguiar`s wax from an old bottle that I had tucked away in my detailing supplies on them using my orbital (a GEM polisher..it weighs 18 pounds), then buffed off the residue with an old terry towel. I followed it with a hand application of Butcher`s Paste floor wax...one word....

Nice!!! :xyxthumbs

I know that there are Autopians who wax, Klasse and Zaino their appliances, computers and toilets... does anyone do their hardwood floors?

Scott P
08-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Everyone thought I was bad for waxing my Weber Carcoal grill. Damn, that`s one step beyond even me!! :D

shaf
08-05-2002, 03:29 PM
I wouldn`t Zaino a hardwood floor! :p

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAGHH!!!!!!! [THUD]

TortoiseAWD
08-05-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by ejant

My wife almost went into shock when she seen her shiny three year old Maytag.

:D :D Actually, I`ve heard Glen Haege ("Ask The Handyman" radio show) recommend Meg`s #7 as a furniture polish more than once . . .

Tort

jerry@robs
08-05-2002, 07:14 PM
Hehe it was raining last weekend and I used DACP and #26 on our refridgerator with a rotary... Bling Bling! hehe... Needed to practice on vertical surfaces with a rotary anyway...

I`m thinking of wet sanding it a bit, it has one hella orangepeel with those refs...:D

shirtman
08-05-2002, 07:35 PM
I used some Mothers cleaner/wax on a Maytag refigerator door on a brand new black side-by-side, as the installers tried three doors and a bunch of products on it to remove a haze. After they left, good and frustrated as we all were, I took the PC and some Mothers to it.... Perfect! :D The service tech was desperate to know the secret..... maybe I will tell him one day!!

Jeff

chevyguy28
08-05-2002, 07:43 PM
I now use Klasse AIO on marble and granite. Not on any stone younger though (like limestone) because they are too porous.

louissc
08-06-2002, 12:59 PM
anyone tried Z`ing a pair of tuxedo shoes?