PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Towels?

M3 Dream's
08-04-2002, 11:21 AM
How would I go about cleaning the towels? What detergent to use.. Im just gonna put all the Terry Cloths all into the wash by itself, but what should I use for detergent..

imported_dl9589
08-04-2002, 11:34 AM
I personally use Dawn, but any kind of detergant would work, as long as it just has detergant, no additives like bleach, or stain lifters, or color enhancer. And most people say just use the liquid only, the bars don`t dissolve all the way and seem to get stuck in the towels.

C. Charles Hahn
08-04-2002, 11:34 AM
I use 1/2 scoop of tide detergent, 1 scoop of oxiclean, and about .5 ounces of simple green in my towel cycles. Always use warm-hot water, and after running one cycle with the detergents, run a second full cycle to be sure you rinsed everything out of the towels really well.

Also, be sure not to use any fabric softeners of any kind in the wash/dryer. :wavey

shaf
08-04-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

I use 1/2 scoop of tide detergent, 1 scoop of oxiclean, and about .5 ounces of simple green in my towel cycles. Always use warm-hot water, and after running one cycle with the detergents, run a second full cycle to be sure you rinsed everything out of the towels really well.

Also, be sure not to use any fabric softeners of any kind in the wash/dryer. :wavey I think I`m going to buy some Oxiclean and do something very similar to the above. Right now I`m just using straight detergent.

If the towels are really dirty and loaded with stuff I give it a fast hand wash in a bucket with dishsoap before throwing it in the washer. Also if these are MF towels, be careful drying it with heat, or dry it without heat at all to be safe (that`s what I do).

Lemonxxs
08-04-2002, 06:10 PM
Search this forum as this topic as been discussed many times.....:wavey