PDA

View Full Version : need help on pt cruiser

madazskunk
08-03-2002, 10:00 PM
My girlfriends pt cruiser has these spots on her black trim on her doors in between the the windows. I don`t know what caused these spots or what the trim is. It seems to be some sort of plastic painted black but i`m not sure. But I don`t think it is just part of the door painted black. Anyways I have tried cleaner wax,clay,and pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion and it got alittle better but still there. Anybody have suggestions?

KCPreki11
08-03-2002, 10:10 PM
I`m not sure what you mean, but will peanut butter fix it?

madazskunk
08-07-2002, 12:44 AM
The car has 4 doors and the part of the doors that are on the inside inbetween the windows has some black coating on it instead of just being the same color as the rest of the car. I havent tried peanut butter or vinegar yet but I`ll give it a try next time I wash. thanks

kbshadow
08-07-2002, 12:58 AM
Mine and a lot of others have that problem, Chrysler has a TSB out on it.

I used mothers plastic polish and a MF cloth, came out like new.

Bob

Stockton Ca

forrest@mothers
08-07-2002, 09:13 AM
The spots seem to come from visiting a drive thru car wash. I`m guessing the harsh soaps are staining the plastic trim. I`ve seen it on probbly 30-40 PT`s. Never had it on either of our`s since we don`t frequent automatic washes.

In addition to KB`s Plastic Polish routine, I`ve had good luck with a quality liquid cleaner wax and a microfiber towel.

Give `em a try.

madazskunk
08-08-2002, 01:30 PM
What is tsb?

kbshadow
08-08-2002, 02:11 PM
A TSB is like a mini recall.

Here is a list of some for the Cruiser from the PT Cruiser Do it your self website.

http://www.ptdoityourself.net/pttsb.html

Bob

Stockton Ca

shaf
08-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by madazskunk

What is tsb? Technical Service Bulletin

It`s a special notice they put out for mechanics and and whatnot to give special attention to (or corrective procedure) for whenever they`ve screwed something up and bad things can happen. Happens more on North American cars. :rolleyes:

EDIT: oops, kbshadow beat me to it. Darn slow fingers/internet...grrr