PDA

View Full Version : Damnit I LOVE Costco..

Pages : [1] 2

M3 Dream's
08-02-2002, 11:34 PM
Im going to Costco on Sunday to buy my California Water Blade for 12 bucks!! Damn, it retails at 18 at most anywhere you go..

Steve @ Guru
08-02-2002, 11:37 PM
You aren`t at all, by chance, related to bretfraz, are you?? :D

(a little inside joke. I always give bret a hard time about how much time he spends at Costco...)

M3 Dream's
08-02-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by geekysteve

You aren`t at all, by chance, related to bretfraz, are you?? :D

(a little inside joke. I always give bret a hard time about how much time he spends at Costco...)

Dude, I just found out about all the stuff that they had down there.. My mother asked me if I wanted to come with her my first day back from Cali, and to be nice i said sure why not. I went there, I bought a 40 Pack of Terry Cloth Towels, a 3 Pack of Wash mitts and soon enough ill buy my Water blade from there..

chevyguy28
08-03-2002, 01:43 AM
If you use the water blade, do so CAREFULLY please. I would hate to see you harm your finish.

Get some food to eat during detailing breaks too!

shaf
08-03-2002, 04:07 AM
Unless you spent a fortune and bought some freakish 40 pack of Fieldcrest bath towels, those are the ultra-cheap so-called "100% cotton" towels made in India or Pakistan right? I have them too, but don`t use them on paint since they`re incredibly coarse and thin. I`m pretty sure I did an impromptu scratch test on mine and they were bad. Probably not really 100% cotton either. To my dismay I`m discovering many "100% cotton" products that are NOT! :eek:

Buy some domestically made towels that feel soft or better yet, microfiber cloths. Much better! :)

PS: You might want to get the huge jug of blue Zymol carwash if they sell it. That is goooood stuff and smells terrific! :up

imported_BretFraz
08-03-2002, 08:40 AM
Costco soooooo owns me!!!

Make sure you buy that killer hose nozzle they have too. It`s $20 and is exactly the same thing you see in other catalogs for $40 and Griots catalog for like $76. I love mine and you`ll love yours.

Check to see if they still have the digital tire pressure gauge for $15. It`s made by Accutire which seems to be the best digital tire gauge you can buy. For $15 its a total steal.

While you`re there get a DeWalt cordless drill, that Karcher gas engine pressure washer, a couple bottles of Rodney Strong cabernet, that bistro/pub table and chairs for $259, a 2 pack of Freschetta`s pizza, those Barq`s root beer float ice cream pops, that Pioneer big screen, one of the new Toshiba DVD players, a couple pairs of Ralph Lauren jeans, that new massage chair they just got in....... I think that`s it for today. I`ll have a completely new shopping list for you tomorrow. ;) :eek:

NattyBumppo
08-03-2002, 09:34 AM
LMAO.....Bretfraz is outta control!

M3 Dream's
08-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Have you used the Zymol Car Wash? I saw that their and I dont know if I wanted to use it..

Ryan
08-03-2002, 01:18 PM
Bretfraz: Home Depot sells the Husky stand up 20+ gallon tank, oil filled, air compressor for $369. Can a Costco do better??? I need to find a better price!

tkr128
08-03-2002, 02:56 PM
Costco has a bunch of great stuff. I`ve bought about 3 packs of the 40 towels and used them on my paint :eek:. This was before I thought about towels scratching the paint. Now they`re used for the doorjambs, interior, buffing tire gel, etc. I got my CCD and my CWB there. Lots of those sheepskin washmitts. This one time, I saw a packaged Meguiar`s product line with the GC wash, wax, vinyl protectant, Edurance High Gloss and the QD for under $20 bucks. I bought it. All they have now are the Zymol labeled Turtle Wax products.

shaf
08-03-2002, 03:03 PM
:bow ----->> Costco USA

:sosad ---->> Costco Canada

I hate how selection of anything (except what you call "candy bars") is poorer up here. :(

M3 Dream`s: do a search on the Zymol carwash. Yes, it`s made by TW, but it`s got good lubricity, and smells like tropical banana!

Steve @ Guru
08-03-2002, 03:14 PM
4DSC:

2 questions (out of curiosity):

1) What do you call "candy bars" in Canada? I know that in Australia they called them something else, but I can`t remember what it was now...

2) What`s burning in your avatar? (sorry if that`s already been asked)

Thanks! :)

shaf
08-03-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by geekysteve

4DSC:

2 questions (out of curiosity):

1) What do you call "candy bars" in Canada? I know that in Australia they called them something else, but I can`t remember what it was now...

2) What`s burning in your avatar? (sorry if that`s already been asked)

Thanks! :) 1) I read this on a website and have found this to be true (so far). :) Americans call them "candy bars" and we call them "chocolate bars". Apparently we have more varieties [insert maniacal laughter here].

2) ALTEZZAS SUCK!!!! :D :D

You`re the first to ever ask, surprisingly!

imported_BretFraz
08-03-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Ryan

Bretfraz: Home Depot sells the Husky stand up 20+ gallon tank, oil filled, air compressor for $369. Can a Costco do better??? I need to find a better price!

I`ll run over to Costco and check!!

You can check too at www.costco.com

imported_edschwab1
08-04-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by ejant

I use BJ`s and Sam`s Club, no Costco near me.

Ejant,

I am not sure where you live in the Hudson Valley, but there is a couple in Westchester and one in Rockland.