PDA

View Full Version : need to get dog hair off of seats...

chaotik
08-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know of a good way to get dog hair off of the seats and carpet? I take my dog almost everywhere with me and I put a sheet on the seats, but this will only do so much. Every couple weeks, I would like to get them really clean though.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

chevyguy28
08-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Ever see one of those lint rollers? When the sticky surface is saturated, you can rip off the tape and expose a new layer. Forgot the name of these items, but I know they work well for your purpose as well as convertible tops.

chaotik
08-02-2002, 06:10 PM
Cool....I figured the tape method would work...just didnt know if there were any other "tricks of the trade" for removing it...

Taxlady
08-02-2002, 06:38 PM
I`ve got cats (who only go in the car for a visit to the vet) and I get cat hair all over the house. A damp rag will pick up a lot of it.

PRINZE
08-02-2002, 10:15 PM
Use a latex glove. Put it on and rub your hand across the seats in kind of a short sweeping motion. The glove grips the hair and pulls it right up to the surface along with any lint stuck in them. You would be amazed how much crap comes out of your seats even after you vacuum. You can rub it all into a pile or follow your hand with a vacuum hose as you go. The lint roller never really worked for me.

Steve @ Guru
08-02-2002, 11:31 PM
As everyone may or may not know, my wife and I have 4 dogs (or "kids" in our case...neither of us want kids, but we both love animals! :) ), so we`re pretty familiar with dog hair.

I like to use a stiff-bristled brush to `aggitate` the fabric right before I vaccuum. This lifts most of the dog hair our of the seat fibers and allows the vaccum to suck up the hairs without much effort.

Although, I must say, I never thought of the latex glove or the lint roller trick...gonna have to try that next week!

Alan_525i
08-03-2002, 01:46 AM
I use masking tape to clean my upholstery and carpets etc. Works great and is much cheaper than the not-as-sticky lint rollers.