PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 925

83Esprit
08-01-2002, 09:58 PM
I have read the great results people have had using various Collinite products. Has anyone used the 925 boat wax and how did they like it? I currently have the 845 and 925. I am itching to try the 925 this weekend, but would like to hear from anyone who has already tried it.

Thanks,

Kelly

tom p.
08-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Kelly, I have used their Insulator Wax and their Double SuperCoat (or whatever they call it).

Two of their products are absolutely identical. One product is sold at marine stores for boats and the other product is marketed as a car wax. The two waxes are identical...the metal cans are just labelled differently.

The DoubleSuper coat wax is very difficult to use and the results were less than spectular yet the stuff does last a long time.

For my daily drivers, $ for $, I think using Klasse 1X or 2X per year offers comparable protection but is much easier to use than the Collinite products.

For my good cars, I`ll stick with one of the excellent carnauba-based products.

Good luck and be prepared for a major workout with the Collinite products except for the well-known Insulator Wax...that one`s not so tough to work with.

jr_mints
08-03-2002, 11:48 AM
I`ve used Collinite for quite a while and have never had a problem using it. They key to good results with Collinite is to not let it dry before you buff it out. I have found it lasts longer than any carnauba that I have ever used (including Blitz) and its depth and clarity is unsurpassed. Just my two cents worth.

shaf
08-03-2002, 03:14 PM
If you run a search for "fleetwax" there`s at least one guy who uses it and says it`s doublecoat, but I don`t know where he`s at now.

ShannanC
08-03-2002, 08:48 PM
I use number 915, i love it and am very pleased with it. Sometimes when it sits for alittle too long it takes a bit more muscle, but theres nothing worng with that

DETAILKING
08-05-2002, 11:22 AM
I have used collinite boat wax as well, and found it hard to work with. The shine is ok, but the durability is quite impressive for a carnuba wax.

I would use zaino or klasse on a boat with good gel coat, and if it needed some sprucing up, prep with 3M finesse it II, or use a product like nu finish or liquid glass..........

dr427
10-26-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by kellyrudnick

I have read the great results people have had using various Collinite products. Has anyone used the 925 boat wax and how did they like it? I currently have the 845 and 925. I am itching to try the 925 this weekend, but would like to hear from anyone who has already tried it.

Thanks,

Kelly

Just surfing around the board and saw this older thread. #845, #925, #930 Jet Craft are all identical waxes with different labels. Also, #476s Double Coat Paste and #885 Fleetwax Paste are supposedly the same as well. The "liquid" fleetwax #870 isn`t nearly as durable and is nothing like the #885 fleetwax paste. I would stick with the #845/925 or 476/885 depending on your preference in liquid over paste. The paste will last longer both on the vehicle and because you will use less when applying. Just use it in sections before it dries (unlike the 845/925 which you do allow to dry).

As far as hard to work with. If you take the paste off before it dries it`s a snap to work with. It doesn`t instantly dry so if you do half a trunk lid and wipe it off no problem IMHO. The liquid comes off easy after it dries. I still wouldn`t do an entire car with the liquid then wipe off, but you can.

Just wanted to save you from putting the same stuff on twice!