PDA

View Full Version : Used Megs Endurance Tire Gel today for first time

Pages : [1] 2

ShannanC
08-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Man, all i have to say is WOW :shocked

Not only does it smell realllly good, but man my tires have never shined like that before at all. Very pleased with this product and i recommend it to everyone. it didnt fling off on the paint or make a mess or nothing :up :up

picorrect
08-01-2002, 09:02 PM
The only thing I don`t like about it is it attracts all kinds of dust and dirt like a magnet. It`s very greasy.

tkr128
08-01-2002, 09:06 PM
I`ve been using it for 3 years. The only reason I got sling was because I never really scrubbed the tires or used a cleaner on it besides car wash soap :eek: I cleaned my tires down with some Meguiars EXTRA and a brass brush (just that one time) and then put on a new coat of the Endurance, waiting an hour before buffing. Three weeks later, still shiny and no sling.

thevolvoguy
08-01-2002, 09:08 PM
I like the High Endurance stuff, but NSX is right, it attracts a lot of dust.

I actually prefer to apply using an applicator, then buff with an old towel, re apply, buff, etc... it prevents any sling and insures a long lasting bond.

BTW: If you detail cars often, and use it a lot... that smell will start to get really annoying. I hate it now, but loved it at first (3 years ago)

Glad you like it! :xyxthumbs

ShannanC
08-01-2002, 09:25 PM
i noticed on my dads tires it got dust but thats no prob for me really. I applied it with a foam applicator pad so I doubt I`ll get sling since it didnt glob on anywhere and it only used alittle. And it is pretty greasy but nothin alittle soap and water can`t get rid of :cool:

Much better then armorall for sure!

imported_Aurora40
08-02-2002, 07:47 AM
I assume you are talking about the regular Endurance, not the High Gloss? The High Gloss is much runnier and doesn`t smell as nice. Plus, it is really high gloss. I really like the regular Endurance, but I really don`t like the High Gloss Endurance.

Lenny
08-02-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by NSXNEXT

The only thing I don`t like about it is it attracts all kinds of dust and dirt like a magnet. It`s very greasy.

I found that with both the regular Endurance, and the High Gloss, that if you give it about 30 minutes, and then buff off all the excess with an old towel, it doesn`t seem to get as dusty.

louissc
08-05-2002, 01:34 AM
my only gripe about it is that its too watery

jerry@robs
08-05-2002, 03:01 AM
what do you guys use to "buff out" the excess goo? my towels lint a lot on rough surfaces like the tires...

imported_donavin629
08-05-2002, 04:34 AM
I`m glad you like the Meg`s stuff.

Personally, I`ve grown fond of a very matte finish on my tires. I sprayed 303 on a rag and applied it 3 weeks ago, and now, it looks perfect. After every wash the dirt just slips right off and I have a great looking tire again.

Propaganda13
08-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Old cotton tshirts are great for buffing tires. :xyxthumbs

Lenny
08-09-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Propaganda13

Never thought about that one. Thanks for the idea!!

caddyman
08-09-2002, 04:20 PM
Yea, depending on what the customer wants i either use the regular or high gloss. or black magic TW GEL.

You MUST clean the tires between usages (applications)

But I have had only great results so far.

We're Here
08-09-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Propaganda13

I notice that many treated tires (clearly those not done by an Autopian) were never buffed which would surely turn them into dirt magnets. I think Propaganda13 has identified the ideal material for this, I`ve been using Scott`s Shop (heavy paper) Towels. I`m pleased with the results I`ve gotten from the High Endurance matte finish. I leave it on for a few minutes and then thoroughly buff any excess off. Lasts three or four weeks in the summer, longer in the winter.

BTW, anyone notice how tires don`t seem to brown during the winter in cold climates?

Lenny
08-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by We`re Here

BTW, anyone notice how tires don`t seem to brown during the winter in cold climates?

Now that you mention it, it does seem to be a spring through fall kind of problem.