PDA

View Full Version : pads/product agressiveness levels

WeinerXXX
08-01-2002, 10:01 AM
I have some bad scratches on my black clear coated dodge.. Not bad enough to feel with your nail, but untouched by FI-2 on a mild pad via PC (farecla advanced polishing foam..junk i think).

I`ve recently puchased Meguairs pads for the PC.. Would it be prudent to use the maroon pad with the FI-2? If so, would #9 2.0 on the yellow pad remove the fine marks of the FI-2 afterwards?

What speeds should I run the PC at with the maroon pad? or am i running the risk of really damaging the paint with it?

Side note: The meg`s pads are $26 each! in Canada :eek:

Scratches under flourescent lights:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/r_martel/DCP_1154.JPG

thanks ;)

Ryan
08-01-2002, 09:14 PM
Stick with the foam cutting pads. Follow up with some light cutting pads and a SMR or Meguiars 9. Don`t give up after only 1 pass with the PC. THe key to knowing when to quit is when the edges of the scrathes thenselves appear round.

I personally think those scrathes on your vehicle CAN look better but, you should keep in mind what you have done to the surface so far and the shape of the scrathes. Also you may need to use a high speed. OR, if you are to weak in the stomach to use more power, just apply glazes and a wax like souveran to detract from the imperfections.

We're Here
08-01-2002, 09:30 PM
The maroon pad really isn`t appropriate for a DA like the PC. That pad (and wool cutting pads) really require a rotary to do the job they were designed to do. Mequiar`s yellow and bone colored pads are appropriate for the PC. Don`t use a monster (8" or 9") pad either as the size will mute the results you might otherwise expect from the PC. YMMV, of course.