PDA

View Full Version : Big Shark Turbo Hand Vacuum

Vegas1
07-31-2002, 12:15 PM
I`ve been using a Rigid 6hp cannister vac for about a year (before that I used a Oreck hand-held portable). The Rigid is a great vacuum, but a little to large to move around easily.

Well my wife always gets flyers from Bed Bath and Beyond:eek:, with discount coupons attached. So I`m going through this one flyer and see the Big Shark corded vacuum ad. I figure, what the heck I`ll give it a shot. The cost was 39.99, with the $10 off coupon I figured I give it a shot for 30 bucks, and if it really was bad I`d just return it.

Well I`m impressed! It took care of all the dirt and sand very easily, and it`s a breeze to handle and empty. It has a powerful 800–watt motor, with a convenient washable dust cup, and no replacement bags ever required. You also get an accessory brush, and crevice tool that connect directly to the vacuum, plus a flexible hose.

I`d say the Big Shark is worth the money, even at it`s full price of $39.99.:up

imported_dl9589
07-31-2002, 03:36 PM
I got one of these about a year ago, works great for getting into the nooks and crannies that a regular shop vac won`t reach. And plenty powerful enough to pick up the everyday dirt that you get in the car.:up

ALAN81
07-31-2002, 05:29 PM
I got the shark vacume about 6 months ago ITS GREAT and with all the tools you can go into little cracks and crivices very powerfulalso

tkr128
07-31-2002, 08:45 PM
Wow. I just bought one last week, it was a stick shark, you can convert it from hand-held to floor machine. It works great in the house, now I can`t wait to try it in the car!

Blackmirror
07-31-2002, 09:40 PM
I got the small Shark vacuum. This vacuum is 700 watts and its powerful! I even did the bowling ball test with it and it picked it up! These are great vacuums:D

imported_jr_mints
08-01-2002, 05:06 AM
Had mine about two weeks. Works great all over, but especially in the little hard to reach places.

It`s also good for picking up spilled popcorn kernels. They make lots of noise going up, and they`re fun to see dump out.

Ok, I`m easily amused.... Sigh.

Blackmirror
08-01-2002, 08:55 PM
I used my small shark vac today to clean the interior carpet. This thing gets hot real quick:eek: . FOr those that have the mini version, does yours get hot quick?

eboller
08-04-2002, 11:33 AM
I have the small 29.99 version. It`s got more than enough suction to get up anything in the car. I`m quite impressed with it. I debated on the big one vs. the small one but went ahead with the small one and it is plenty good enough for what I need.

Mine does get pretty hot so I don`t rest it on the seats or anything. As long as it ain`t shooting flames I`m not worried.

Eric

DrewD
08-06-2002, 11:34 AM
I`ve got the Bagless Stick Shark. I saw it on an infomercial, but bought it at Target for cheeper (~$50-60). The first time I used it on carpet (house) I loved it. However, after the first 2-3 uses I can`t stand it. Pet hair gets caught up in the little brushes on the bottom and comes off in little clumps as you vacuum. I went back to my regular upright for floors.

As for handheld operation, the brush attachment does work well to get pet hair off of couches and chairs. Unfortunately, the canister gets EXTREMELY hot! It`s almost unberable to hold after a few minutes of vacuuming.

I`ve used it on my car too, and it does work well. My only complaints here are the relatively short hose (making it difficult to reach into trunks, etc. without climbing in), and again, the unbearable heat.

chevyguy28
08-06-2002, 10:19 PM
I have the small one and I really like it. Yes, it does get hot around the exhaust port, but as long as you carry it by the handle, you`re fine.

Really easy to handle and light. Enough suction to pick everything up too.