PDA

View Full Version : New to Detailing

Charles Bokamper
07-31-2002, 10:25 AM
I recently purchased a 2001 Intrepid ES, Metallic Blue. It is a beautiful car with a few exceptions. I have now noticed that this car must have frequented automatic car washes previous to my ownership. There are a whole mess of tiny scratches in the clearcoat (and quite a few stone chips on the hood). I have recently purchase car care procuts from Meguiers which appear to have reduced the scratches and swirls. They are really only noticable to me. But they bug me. Is it possible to remove them completely? I have used the paint cleaner, polish, and wax. Would it be wise to clean the paint again and polish? maybe with a buffer? Or would that cause more problems. What to do about the paint chips? There are also a few scratches that are rather short but looklike they to go down to the primer. any ideas?

laynlow
07-31-2002, 10:55 AM
You can most likely remove the swirls completely with time and patients. Two or three applications of a swirl remover are sometimes necessary, and a tool like the PC makes the job much easier.

I would search on your topics individually, and you should come up with a wealth of information on each.

Good luck!