PDA

View Full Version : What can I use to clean paint and hide or remove swirls before Platinum?

RCK
07-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Obviously clay, then a polish but which one? Are they cross compatible or should I avoid some? MY car has light swirls if any and the paint is in really good shape.

Thanks,

Joe

William420
07-31-2002, 03:00 AM
The usual drills. Light swirls, Meguiars #9 or 3M SMR. I believe 4star precleaner will remove all the fillers from the polish so you should be safe there. If you are not using the precleaner then just give it a good wash. I won`t even bother with Dawn, because base on my last experience with their Shampoo, it did a very good job removing all the fillers from DACP.

"If Any"? and "paint is in really good shape?" If you can`t really see the swirls, you might want to just forget about the polishing step for now and go ahead and apply UPP and let it fill in these light swirls.

RCK
07-31-2002, 05:44 AM
Thanks! I Wa sjust curious about the compatability of other products with Platinum. I didn`t know if it was like Zaino where you can`t use anything and the paint has to be cleaned............

Thanks,

Joe