PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Camaro SS First detail in a while

dstn8r
07-30-2002, 12:03 PM
My Dad has 1969 Camaro SS and for some reason it just sits under a cover. There`s a car show coming to town and I want to clean it up this weekend. I just got started with detailing and let me tell you, this forum is awesome. Thanks for all the tips and ideas. I purchased the full line of Pinnacle products (exterior Paste Glaz (two silver cars) and interior), but I wondered if products like the cleaner would be safe to use on an older car. I assume there`s no clearcoat and the paint is dulling. Any ideas on getting it bright or should I just hope to clean and protect what`s left? I get some pictures up after I get done.

imported_memnuts
07-30-2002, 12:34 PM
Nice car. If your 69 SS is an original do not experiment with or practice detailing. If your father`s paint is original and in okay condition with no rust have the car seen by a expert classic car painter. He will be able to tell you what is best to make this car show ready. If you ruin the original paint and the car needs a re-paint in the future, the value will decrease unless a complete restoration ( removal of body parts) is done to OEM specs. Very expensive.

The fact that you will have an original running 69 SS will be appreciated by patrons of your show. What engine do you have? What color? Was it stored in a garage? How many original miles? :wavey

Redcar GUY
07-30-2002, 12:39 PM
good call blkZ28Conv, couldnt have said it better my self!

NattyBumppo
07-30-2002, 01:07 PM
69 SS.....:bow. Man, how I miss my `69 Mach 1 :sosad.