PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me father, for I have sinned.....

NattyBumppo
07-30-2002, 10:46 AM
I`ve used Armor All Tire Foam and liked it!

Seriously folks, I`ve been using the Armor All Tire Foam now for a few months and while it is a bit messy when spraying it on, I haven`t used anything that lasts longer and sticks better. No slinging off and a real nice not too glossy shine (the Detailer`s Advantage version is a bit too glossy for my taste). It even does a good job of cleaning the white letters on the tires.

Please tell me I`m not doing irreparable damage to my tires. There has been no browning or fading so it doesn`t seem as though there is a problem. One nasty problem is the stuff stains the asphalt in the driveway so I`ve been dressing the tires either in the parking lot at work :D or on the street in front of my house.

Anyone else used it or have info about it?

JAGOWNER1981
07-30-2002, 10:55 AM
well i hate to say it, but i kinda like those foaming tire dressings too, no runs or slinging!

laynlow
07-30-2002, 10:58 AM
Ughhh!!! :scared

I hate that stuff! Overspray on the rims, and my favorite part is the four little splotches on the driveway or garage floor where it all ran off!

<---------<running off screaming like a blithering idiot now>

tsnack
07-30-2002, 11:09 AM
that`s the worst part about most dressings - Is the fact that is stains the sh*t out of the driveway.....can`t stand that.

thank goodness for applicators.....

Redcar GUY
07-30-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by GR8SVT

thank goodness for applicators.....

:up :up you can say that again!!!

NattyBumppo
07-30-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

I hate that stuff! Overspray on the rims, and my favorite part is the four little splotches on the driveway or garage floor where it all ran off!

<---------<running off screaming like a blithering idiot now>

I found a solution to the overspray on the wheels. I cut a piece of cardboard the same size as the rim and just hold it over the rim while spraying the tire with the other hand. Works fine. Agreed, the four stains left over on the pavement (or garage floor if you are fortunate enough to have one) are a PITA.

bjwebster
07-30-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by NattyBumppo

I found a solution to the overspray on the wheels. I cut a piece of cardboard the same size as the rim and just hold it over the rim while spraying the tire with the other hand. Works fine. Agreed, the four stains left over on the pavement (or garage floor is you are fortunate enough to have one) are a PITA.

Whenever I am spraying anything in the wheel wells or tires or anything like that, I always pull in the grass, or on the road. I dont want that mess in my driveway! :nono

vroddad
07-30-2002, 02:54 PM
Power washer brings it up. I like the foam too, but when I run out I`m going Meguiars gel.

shaf
07-30-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

<---------<running off screaming like a blithering idiot now> I feel the same way. I now have one (HUGE) can left of No Touch from my pre-Autopia stockpiles (it`s sick how much of this stuff I had). I`ve been trying to use this horrid stuff up but it`s slower going now that I`ve stopped using it on my own car. The reason I hate it is because not only of overspray on the wheels, but overspray was misting onto the surrounding paint as well! :mad: I didn`t detect this until I ran my finger along the fender.

Performance-wise the No Touch behaves just like this Armor-All stuff, FWIW.

DCT
07-30-2002, 04:48 PM
Well, one of my very good friends was kind enough to send me some of this stuff to try (Thanks Natty). I too was pessimistic about trying it, but the results have been very good. I used an old round piece of particle board that I had cut out for my wheels to prevent the over spray. My driveway is rock/dirt, so there`s no problem there! The inital shine is a bit much for me, but I found that rising the tires off after 10 or 15 minutes reduces the shine to a level that I like.

Thanks again Natty!

NattyBumppo
07-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Glad you like it White_F150:up. A little bit of ingenuity helps with this stuff. I can live with having to pull the truck out onto the street for 30 minutes while the foam runs down the tires. I really do like the results and longevity. Best thing is it`s available everywhere.

BTW....that one auto parts store just got a fresh shipment of BJBA:bounce. What`s the final verdict on that?

mercedesfanatic
07-30-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by bjwebster

Whenever I am spraying anything in the wheel wells or tires or anything like that, I always pull in the grass, or on the road.

You just want to kill the grass...

bjwebster
07-30-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by mercedesfanatic

You just want to kill the grass...

Hasnt Bothered It Yet!

DCT
07-31-2002, 05:34 AM
Natty,

On the Black Jack Black Again, it`s definetely a :up :up ! After about 2 weeks, and 3 or 4 good rain storms it has held up better than anything I`ve used before. After 2 good thunderstorms, I did notice a tiny amount of it streaked onto the paint (noticeable only to me - everybody else thinks I`m crazy). After a couple more thunderstorms, I`ve noticed a very slight amount of streaking on the vinyl trim. This is far, far better than anything I`ve used before, and the streaking that I did get could be my fault. I`m going to apply it thinner, and buff it better to remove the excess the next time. In the end, this one`s a "keeper"!

BTW, what auto parts store are you getting it in? Is it a chain like AutoZone or something?

Thanks again................. again!

Originally posted by NattyBumppo

BTW....that one auto parts store just got a fresh shipment of BJBA:bounce. What`s the final verdict on that?

NattyBumppo
07-31-2002, 07:00 AM
Not exactly what I would call a chain, not like Pep Boys or Autozone anyway. They do have a few locations mostly around NJ I think. It`s called Straco (or Stracco) Auto Parts.

Next time I make it down there I`ll pick up a couple of bottles but the BKBA does seem to go a long way.