PDA

View Full Version : KLASSE dilemma

imported_Nokiemon
07-30-2002, 09:02 AM
Well folks...I have to say I a bit tired of all the labor involved in removing SG layers, I am about to give SG the heeve-ho!

Question: Since I am very satisfied with the AIO applications, would having AIO layer not topped off with SG be harmful for my paint?

Question: Can I use AIO as often as I like? since it is a cleaner, would it have long term effects on the clearcoat?

thnc

KL

ExplorerXLT95
07-30-2002, 09:15 AM
DON`T DO IT MAN!!! DON`T GET RID OF THE K-TWINS!!

From all that I`ve asked/heard about Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, it is a PITA to remove if you don`t do it right. Here`s what was suggested to me for Klasse SG application/removal:

1) Apply one thin coat (remember, an ounce should be MORE than enough for one car) over the entire car.

2) Wait 1-3 hours to buff off.

3) Buff off, then allow SG to cure 3-6 hours for a noticeable difference in shine and depth.

4) Repeat. (NOTE: More than 2 or 3 coats of SG seems to have only limited returns. The general consensus is 2-3 coats is best for best look.)

Klasse SG is extremely durable, hence it is going to be a bit hard to buff, etc. Just wait 1-3 hours before buffing off (the longer the better) and you should recognize a large difference in effort required. Give that a try, but please, WHATEVER YOU DO... Don`t get rid of either of the twins!! And for God sake! Don`t separate them!! :D ;)

Tell us how it works out...

Jngrbrdman
07-30-2002, 09:20 AM
The Sealant Glaze is where all the shine in the Klasse system lies. You are just cheating yourself it you have it and don`t use it. The AIO is an awesome cleaner but it isn`t abrasive enough to do any damage to your clear coat. All you would really be doing is taking off the old AIO and replacing it with a new layer.

SG can be a pain if you don`t do it right, but so can everything else in this world. Apply it thin and carefully and you`ll have zero trouble. The only people that have trouble with SG are people that are applying one of their first 2 or 3 coats. After you`ve done a couple coats of it you really get the hang of it.

shaf
07-30-2002, 11:36 AM
Actually I`m fairly sure I`ve read from old posts the point of diminishing returns is more like 5 coats, and the minimum recommended number of coats (for a great job) is 3.

thevolvoguy
07-30-2002, 11:42 AM
I had trouble buffing SG... and personally after 2 coats I think I will stick with Zaino.

Z-2 and Z-5 are just a lot easier to use, last just as long, you can layer as much as you want to and the results keep getting better, and they are both cheaper per oz. than K. :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents.

porterdog
07-30-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by KenLee

...tired of all the labor involved in removing SG layers...

Are you using the 2 towel method for removal? (one damp, second dry) Please try it before pouring out your K- I can`t imagine anything which would be easier to remove; with this method the SG comes off as easy as P21S wax.

Robert

imported_Tony
07-30-2002, 12:46 PM
Porterdog nailed it.. thats the trick and I am sticking to it!

panapower
07-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by porterdog

Are you using the 2 towel method for removal? (one damp, second dry) Please try it before pouring out your K- I can`t imagine anything which would be easier to remove; with this method the SG comes off as easy as P21S wax.

Robert I`m going to have to try this.

ExplorerXLT95
07-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Yep. You guys are right, I totally forgot about that part. The damp MF/dry MF method works quite well.

Klasse rocks!!:xyxthumbs

Pats300zx
07-31-2002, 05:55 AM
The damp MF/dry MF method is the best way to go. It makes taking off the SG the easiest. You should have not problems if you do it this way. :up

boarderx
07-31-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by porterdog

Robert

:xyxthumbs Correct!

Andre'
07-31-2002, 01:57 PM
I like to mist a MF towel with a QD (Sonus or FI) to remove SG. I think it works better than water.

shaf
07-31-2002, 03:41 PM
I got good at putting on SG really thin. Almost thinner than I`d like it, but it makes for easier removal.

It`s not quite the damp towel method, but I lightly mist the area with water, wipe with a MF, flip it over and do a final buff with the dry side.

I tried the 2 towel thing but found it felt awkward somehow.

amgtorre
07-31-2002, 04:10 PM
I was about to give up on SG as well, took me about a month and about 6 layers on 2 different cars to get the hang of it, so be a little more patient.

Here is yet another suggestion I picked right here in Autopia because I was having trouble with SG even while using the 2 MF towels for removal.

Spray once some Meguiars QD to a MF towel applicator, add a small amount of SG and apply it to a panel, I usually see it evaporate, like nothing is staying on. When I see hazing after it dries then I`m using too much, if this happens the thick SG layer can be thined with the MF towel with some fresh SG, like SG will dilute any semi-dry SG that might be to thick.

I buff with a MF towel after applying to the whole car, does seems nearly unnecesary but I do it anyway.

The amount of SG used is very small - probably 1/3 of an ounce (I`ll measure it eventually), and the whole process takes me about 30 minutes .