PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Speed Shine QD...

ClayBartrug
07-30-2002, 07:03 AM
I bought this a long time ago (8 mos to 1 year max), when I was first getting onto the detailing scene.... I tried it on my then newly purchased (used) M3. I didn`t like how it seemed difficult to use. Too much effort seemed to be required.

Now I decided to try it again last night, on my current M3 (previous was stolen), and it went on and off like my Megs QD. Nice and easy...and I would venture to say a better shine even!

Now, the varying factors...First car probably had little to no wax on it...I think I had used some Zymol cleaner wax (blue variety). I used terry towels to apply.

Current car has seen SMR, #7, #26, and now P21S....and I`m applying with nice MF`s....

Is the difference that the car`s paint is better prepped now for the QD, and it`s doing it`s thing...? Or was I just a newbie and applying it wrong before? Perhaps the difference is in the MF`s...?

Whatever the case, I`m loving the Griot`s SpeedShine now.... :bounce Nothing like finding a FULL bottle of QD in your basement!

Pats300zx
07-30-2002, 07:57 AM
I really like Griots SS. I have been using it for a while now on my show car. I believe it does have some wax in it. It goes on great considering I am using Pinnacle Souveran. The shine is great.

On this same note, a buddy of mine got some Auto Magic Body Shine and swears by it. He loves it and he used to swear by Griots SS.

NE1 ever try this????