PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Detailer All-Purpose Cleaner Plus and Meguair`s Engine Kote...

ExplorerXLT95
07-29-2002, 07:47 AM
Where do I find these things?? I really liked that thread about engine detailing that showed the before, after cleaner, and after engine kote pictures. The cleaner in and of itself looked great for what it had done and I would love to get my hands on some. Anyways, I am told that I can get both of these things at the local PepBoys, but I don`t know if I believe that. Anybody know for sure??

imported_Aurora40
07-29-2002, 08:31 AM
I called Meguiars about the APC+. They only sell in quantities of 5 gallons or more (that`s why it`s called the Detailers line, apparently). However, they suggested I try NAPA or Sherwin-Williams as some of them carry it by the gallon. If you do find it somewhere, please let us know!

ExplorerXLT95
07-29-2002, 08:48 AM
How about the Engine Kote stuff? I really like the idea of a no-wipe shine on my engine compartment.

imported_Aurora40
07-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Well, I didn`t call about that, so I don`t know where you can find it. You could certainly see if they had it at NAPA or Sherwin-Williams, or you could try calling them yourself. :)

The number is 1-800-347-5700.

The Engine-Kote does sound appealing. Check the product review board occasionally. There was a post about APC+ and Engine-Kote that got lost. I requested that they repost it, so perhaps they will state where they bought it (although I think they just ordered 5+ gallons of it).

Edit: I went to a local Sherwin-Williams and a NAPA, neither of which had the APC+ or the engine-kote. The Sherwin-Williams guy mentioned that there are some Sherwin-Williams Automotive stores that might have it (but not near me). I had no idea S-W did auto stuff. You can order the products from this place (http://www.detailingdepot.com/detaildepot/default.asp?) that was listed in the product review of APC+. They have the Engine-Kote also (at almost $20). I`m finding the Kote less interesting now that I see the price. Sure, you get a lot of it, but I don`t spray my engine much, and I keep it pretty clean. The APC+ is more appealing because it has so many uses besides just on an engine.

laynlow
07-29-2002, 12:25 PM
That was my thread, but it was lost in the midst of things. Start calling automotive refinish distributors in your area to see who carries Meguiars. I use Finishmasters. I bought 5 gal because I wanted that quantity, but I remember a pic in NYDetailers thread showing a 1 gal bottle. I believe they come 4 - 1gal bottles to a case. Napa is another place to call, but I don`t believe Pep Boys will have it.

Also, if you call Meguiars ask that they send you info on the Marine/RV line. It contains the complete Detailers listing, and there are some interesting products in there.

imported_Aurora40
07-29-2002, 12:30 PM
Laynlow, thanks. Yeah, when I called Meguiar`s, they`d only sell it by the case. 4 or 5 gallons. They were in individual 1 gallon containers, not a big 5 gallon thing. It`s just that I don`t need anywhere near that quantity (especially since you dilute it!). I will call and request their Marine/RV catalog.

Hey, can you repost your product review, or at least repost those pictures? I`d really appreciate it. Thanks a lot! :wavey

Edit: Ok, I just saw your reply on the Product Review forum. Thanks a lot! I know it can be a pain to type stuff you`ve already typed-up. I really appreciate it! :D