PDA

View Full Version : black specks on white paint

guitarplayax
07-28-2002, 08:57 PM
After parking under trees after a rainstorm for a few days I noticed tiny small balck specks all on the hood roof and trunk and rust pits as well (2 weeks without a wash).

I tried removing the black specks with some luck but I need help getting the rest off. I was successful in removing the tiny rust pits all over.

What is this black stuff and what product would safely remove this quickly and easily?

Thanks,

Ron

imported_dl9589
07-28-2002, 09:01 PM
I would imagine that it`s a tree sap of some sort, I could be wrong...but a clay bar should take care of it pretty easily.

DETAILKING
07-29-2002, 11:27 AM
Get some mothers or zaino clay, or clay magic and clay the affected areas. Followup with your favorite wax / sealant.

Jngrbrdman
07-29-2002, 02:55 PM
Clay will also remove those little rust pits. Klasse AIO will do the same. I third the advice to get some clay and have a go at it. I`m positive the clay will take care of it.

imported_Intermezzo
07-29-2002, 03:52 PM
Will AIO really remove embedded rust spots? In my experience, not even 3M Finesse-It II would remove them. It was only after claying did the surface feel glassy smooth. But then again, the car was pretty darn neglected.