PDA

View Full Version : Can I put P21s wax on top of Griot`s Best of Show?

ChicagoRay
07-28-2002, 03:46 PM
As indicated my other post - I`m not happy with the shine (or lack there of ;)) left after Griot`s BOS.... I have some P21s which i was previously very happy with, can I put it on top of the BOS? Will that make it look any better or will it have no effect?

Also - I`ve driven the car since yesterday, so I obviously don`t want to wax in any road grime. Will a quick once over with some QD make the surface safe for additional coats of wax?

ALAN81
07-28-2002, 04:14 PM
BEFORE YOU APPLY ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO QD.second why dont you like BOS wax from griots? I use it and find it to be a little tuff but a good wax.You can use P21S on top of BOS but make sure that the car is QD and clean.Both are carnubas so there is no problem.I use both products and P21s is a lot easier to work with but BOS is real good also.,should make it look better if applied correctly

ChicagoRay
07-28-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ALAN81

second why dont you like BOS wax from griots?

http://autopia.ws/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13403

wyang
07-28-2002, 09:54 PM
You may want to make sure that your QD is compatible with P21S. I used some QD (Meguiars) and when I buffed out the P21S it streaked like crazy. I`m not sure that this was because of the silicone or whatever but I know at least one thing new not to do. By the way, I do have to say that P21S is absolutely great wax.