PDA

View Full Version : Technique Help: Using P21s Wheel Cleaner without having to wash whole car....

ChicagoRay
07-28-2002, 03:38 PM
Sometimes I`d like to use the P21s Wheel cleaner to get my wheels done, but I don`t want to wash the whole car. I can take care not to spray the cleaner on the paint, but the problem is that I need to rinse the wheels pretty heavily with water (or so P21s say) to get the cleaner off. This of course gets water all over my paint. Any suggestions???

chevyguy28
07-28-2002, 04:29 PM
If you use a gentle stream of water (very very gentle) from your hose, it may not splatter. It will take time to rinse.

ClayBartrug
07-29-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

If you use a gentle stream of water (very very gentle) from your hose, it may not splatter. It will take time to rinse.

I have to disagree with this... For p21s wheel cleaner to really work on stubborn dirt and brake dust, you need a VERY forceful water jet, and good aim for the stubborn stuff... Furthermore, you don`t want any residue of this stuff sitting on your wheels and/or brakes... I`m afraid the best way is to clean them when you wash, or just be prepared to blot dry your fenders afterwards (if the car is freshly washed and free of dirt).

chevyguy28
07-29-2002, 04:38 PM
Sorry, maybe I should not have said anything. I`m judging this based on using a car wash solution, in which it would work, not the P21S solution.

ClayBartrug
07-29-2002, 04:41 PM
ahh, i see your point... true! :up