PDA

View Full Version : How do you pronounce Audi?

rstype
07-28-2002, 02:36 PM
If its "other," tell me! :D

Taxlady
07-28-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ejant

Like saying Howdy without the H :D

Me too. That`s the German pronounciation. I voted for the first one, `cause that seems about the same, but I find this description slightly more precise.

thevolvoguy
07-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ejant

Like saying Howdy without the H :D

That one for me too.

White95Max
10-10-2006, 11:52 AM
I`ve heard it as AW-dee as well. I say OW-dee.

imported_Grouse
10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Four rings.

Sounds wierd but to people who matter they will understand what you are saying.

:)

MorBid
10-10-2006, 12:41 PM
I use the first one as well. I think Audi as a brand name is said pretty much the same every where in the world I`ve been. Unlike Jaguar which is prononuced differently in let`s say England than in North America.

MorBid

Quickstrike
10-10-2006, 11:04 PM
I say Ow-dee as well.

But my friends and the Audi dealership commercials on TV always pronounce it Ahh-dee.

My dads family is German and pronounces it Ow-dee.

Kind of like Porsche. I say Pore-sha..

chml17l
10-11-2006, 10:10 AM
I own two and and my ancestry is German on both my parent`s side. The correct pronunciation is "Ow-dee" and this is how it`s pronounced in all the Audi commercials I`ve ever seen on TV.

rayporsche
10-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Just go to the liquor cabinet, take a good zip of Single Malt and go like; ES UN AAAAUUUUDDIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spot

Accumulator
10-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I own two and and my ancestry is German on both my parent`s side. The correct pronunciation is "Ow-dee" and this is how it`s pronounced in all the Audi commercials I`ve ever seen on TV.

Yep, it`s German so pronounce it as a German would (like the "ow" in "ouch"). The other way (aw-dee) is like in "audio" which *is* the latin root of the whole thing, but when Mr. Horsch (sp?) decided to Germanicize the word for the name of the car company he said it like any German would.

Quickstrike- Yeah, might as well say it right, huh? Heh heh, I`ve heard ads for Porsche dealerships where they leave the "eh" off the end (and even heard it that way on their call-waiting message!), but that doesn`t make it right ;)