PDA

View Full Version : Performance of the new autopia site

Pages : [1] 2

Bobby G
07-28-2002, 12:47 PM
How is the performance of the new web server compared to the old site?

laynlow
07-28-2002, 01:17 PM
David,

It is fairly similar right now, but I am noticing a slight lag when I click on a thread. The old forum was near instantaneous; there is a small delay now. Also, I noticed when I posted that I waited a bit longer than usual to be taken back to my post.

It’s very close to the forum of old, but just a tad slower.

Bobby G
07-28-2002, 01:20 PM
ejant... I will be putting everything back to the way it was. The forum discussions was my first concern.

db

buldog
07-28-2002, 01:53 PM
I`m sure time of day will determine speed. However I think it is moving along a bit faster. Hard to tell when milleseconds are involved.

Taxlady
07-28-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

David,

It is fairly similar right now, but I am noticing a slight lag when I click on a thread. The old forum was near instantaneous; there is a small delay now. Also, I noticed when I posted that I waited a bit longer than usual to be taken back to my post.

It’s very close to the forum of old, but just a tad slower.

What laynlow said.

P.S. I`m really glad Autopia is back. :bounce

imported_seres
07-28-2002, 02:22 PM
Seems to be working about the same for me --

kkjv1
07-28-2002, 02:31 PM
It seems like it is right about the same for me also.

I am not experiencing some lag like others have.

caddyman
07-28-2002, 04:44 PM
everything seems to just dandy, except, that whenb viewing a picture, it take a while to download. and posting takes a tad slower. I think it is great for now!

Redcar GUY
07-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by caddyman

everything seems to just dandy, except, that whenb viewing a picture, it take a while to download. and posting takes a tad slower. I think it is great for now!

Same here:nixweiss

515colfelt
07-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Seems slightly faster to me-keep up the good work.

Peter

thevolvoguy
07-28-2002, 06:06 PM
You mentioned the menus... I am assuming the "forum" button(top left corner) will return?:nixweiss

Anyway, it works great. I don`t notice much of a difference.:xyxthumbs

louissc
07-28-2002, 08:11 PM
since it was down i got a dsl setup rather than my aol dial up.....everything is at warpspeed now:shocked

paulisher
07-29-2002, 12:22 AM
The search function seems to be faster now. Before when I was searching it seemed to take much longer to return the results than it does now.

Lenny
07-29-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Smitty

The search function seems to be faster now. Before when I was searching it seemed to take much longer to return the results than it does now.

I second that. Search function is way faster now.

However, the Autopia email and webpage functions are working right. They seem to be having a problem handling anything other than plain text. Can`t upload html or graphics files (error message says it can`t create the html file), and the email won`t send the contents of an HTML based email.

ExplorerXLT95
07-29-2002, 07:37 AM
I just voted for "About the same" and that`s how it`s acting for me on this network at work. I could try from home later tonight and see whether it`s faster or not too. But as far as the network here at work is concerned, Autopia is running about as fast, if not slightly faster than its old self.

On a side note, I think we all owe David a big thank you. I work more on the programming side of things in the tech world, but I am in constant contact with networking and the like. I could not imagine doing all of this myself. I personally am fully impressed with David`s dedication and hard work. Good job David! Too bad the current files were lost, but I think we all can make some allowances. Keep up the good work, man! Can`t wait to see the new place :)

Thanks David! :xyxthumbs :bow

PS: Any bugs I find will be noted here:

1) "Home" button on top does not return you to the page with the "Currently Active Threads" window along with the JPGs of people`s detailing on the top left. I`m sure you all know the page I`m talking about.

2) The time given at the bottom of every thread is WAY off. It says GMT -5 hours is 5:49am. When in reality the time for GMT -5 hours at the moment is 8:55 am.

3) To be found.