PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Glass

airjames
07-28-2002, 01:00 AM
is it ok to use LG on a truck that`a no more than 4 months old. Grandpa wants to use it on his red 2002 ranger. It has little tiny minor swirl marks and he loves the shine of LG. IF LG is not safe to use what do you ppl suggest?

gaga
07-28-2002, 01:26 AM
I used LQ on my brand new 996 back in 2000 and was pretty happy with the result, LQ gives a pretty bright "mirror shine" and on a Zenith Blue (kinda light-dark blue) it was pretty smooth & glossy!

After learning about Zaino from this forum I`ve switched over to Zaino, unlike the "glossy mirror shine" of LQ, Zaino give the paint a more "rich" shine....(more depth as some guys would call it.) I can`t say that Zaino looks better on my car, I guess depents on what kind of look you like, but Zaino was definitely more easy to apply and remove than LQ.

In short, I see nothing wrong with using LQ.... have fun!

shaf
07-28-2002, 02:28 AM
Welcome F150! I`m sure there`s absolutely nothing wrong with using LG. It`s been debated back and forth in the past about abrasives and cleaning, but after reading lots of threads and emailing LG for info I figure it`s just a sealant and not much of a polish or cleaner. I would`ve tried it if I didn`t come across some Klasse.

If your grandpa likes Liquid Glass and is happy, stick with it. If he feels like trying something else, you could try turning him into a (drooling :D) Zainoholic. Z5 is supposed to help with minor swirling, but people have had varied success with this.

ALAN81
07-28-2002, 10:19 AM
My brother in law uses LG for years on his jeep I never seen a problem with the finish,looks nice