PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Wax and Swirls?

mDw
07-19-2002, 06:22 AM
Was just wondering whether or not blitz wax does anything to help cover up swirls? Thanks.

RobD
07-19-2002, 08:17 AM
It`ll partially cover/hide minor swirls/spiderwebbing, but only temporarily. Wax almost immediately starts to evaporate (especially on black in the sun), gradually revealing the imperfections. I don`t think the wax will successfully hide large swirls caused by overheating the paint with a rotary buffer (either by excessive RPM or pressure), or by using an overly agressive compound or pad. If the swirls are minor, use a SMR like 3M SMR or #9 Meguires prior to (any) wax. It`s better to prepare the surface as best you can, especially if you`re going to top it with a premium wax. Investing in a quality orbital buffer may not be a bad idea. They polish evenly, and inducing swirls with them is near impossible (when used properly). Less physical effort, too. Make sure you use a mild finishing type pad with the orbital and work the SMR till dry (reducing pressure as it dries), so as not to haze the finish. Black is tough.

mDw
07-19-2002, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the advice. I also forgot to add my car is 1x AIO and 4x SG. It looks pretty good right now, but I still see swirls under the sun. It really annoys me.:mad: I`m thinking about a PC.