PDA

View Full Version : help-before i ruin my truck...

SXTMagnum
07-18-2002, 09:34 AM
well, i read about 3 weeks, posted a couple of times, got excellent advice, decided on a product line, ordered it, spent 6 hrs on exterior only, and not satisfied. autopian?

i am using the complete blackfire system and griot`s clay bar, all MF except for lambs wool wash mit with 2 bucket system. autopian?

i dawn washed, clayed, polished, and sealed. don`t get me wrong, the truck has never looked this clean and buffed. it is amazing. but, at the right angle, you can see water spots and swirls, like they are underneath the shine. newbie?

i thought clay would remove spots. i didn`t on mine. newbie?

the swirls are not as bad as i have seen others post. they are light and just some of them are still there. there are no new ones either. newbie?

any help would be appreciated. i have been asked to do other cars already. but, i won`t until i can get it better. thanks, mark. autopian want-a-be?:nixweiss

rolle4
07-18-2002, 10:04 AM
Sounds like you`re on the right track but for swirls and surface imperfections some type of abbraisive needs to be used. The claybar will remove surface contaminates, things like overspray, rail dust etc. but it wont make a dent in swirls. You`ll need to use something like 3M SMR or Meguiar`s #9 to get those swirls out prior to sealing with Blackfire. Ideally if you have access to a PC that makes the work easier and quicker.

BradE
07-18-2002, 10:11 AM
A light abrasive like 3M Swirl Mark Remover will help the problem. Do a search for swirl removal and you will get lots of tips and product suggestions.:up

SXTMagnum
07-18-2002, 10:28 AM
thanks. i am search king! i will try 3m SMR. i drove for 1.5hrs yesterday looking for a 3m dealer. finally found a place. they were closed.:rolleyes:

what about water spots?:nixweiss

BradE
07-18-2002, 10:33 AM
what about water spots?

Straight white vinegar will remove them. :xyxthumbs

Scott P
07-18-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Straight white vinegar will remove them. :xyxthumbs

If I have water spots under the Zaino, will it still work? I`ve ogt a few layers of Z-2 and Z-6 on top of thise pesky spots currently.

BradE
07-18-2002, 10:42 AM
If I have water spots under the Zaino, will it still work? I`ve ogt a few layers of Z-2 and Z-6 on top of thise pesky spots currently.

Yes it will work. Put it on, let it sit for a minute or two and wipe off. Vinegar is a mild acid and it will remove Zaino, so you will need to reapply when finished. :up

SXTMagnum
07-18-2002, 10:45 AM
cool. that`s cheap!:D thanks.:up

it will remove BF too then. do we wash afterwards? will the smell stay?

BradE
07-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Yes it will remove blackfire as well. Do your vingear treatment, then your swirl removal and then wash. Then BlackFire away. :up

Good Luck!:bounce

SXTMagnum
07-18-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Yes it will remove blackfire as well. Do your vingear treatment, then your swirl removal and then wash. Then BlackFire away. :up

Good Luck!:bounce

:xyxthumbs i will report back. thanks a lot!:wavey