PDA

View Full Version : meguiar`s gold class vs. #26

Pages : [1] 2

raugusta
07-17-2002, 09:33 PM
which one is better (in terms of shine/gloss)????

I called meguiar`s and they said gold class is better overall (gloss AND protection) and it DOESN`T contain any cleaner so it can be layered....

Now I`m confused because some ppl said gold class wax contains cleaner....

Thanks for replying

imported_dl9589
07-17-2002, 09:40 PM
Gold Class IS a cleaner wax, and doesn`t provide the durability of #26.

imported_BretFraz
07-17-2002, 10:16 PM
Try this:

Call Meguiar`s again tomorrow and ask the same question. Make sure you clarify his answer so you understand it. Get the CSR`s name.

Call again on Friday or next week and ask again.

What I`ve been hearing from others is that the info from Meguiar`s CSRs is confusing and contradictory. It would be nice to get some consistency but maybe the person you talked to was having a bad phone day or something.

Let`s see if we can`t get to the bottom of this. Might be worth a personal complaint to Meguiar`s if the confusion continues.

raugusta
07-17-2002, 11:02 PM
I`ll try to call them again tomorrow....I tried to apply it on the front fender and I think it`s slightly more shiny than #26...but I don`t know...it might be just in my head :)

If I find out later the gold class contains cleaner I`ll just return it and get the #26....

Scottwax
07-17-2002, 11:02 PM
As far as I have been able to determine, GC does have some light cleaning properties. #26 is a pure wax and from personal use, I have found it to be more durable than CG, and the look is wetter with just as good reflections too.

laynlow
07-17-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

As far as I have been able to determine, GC does have some light cleaning properties. #26 is a pure wax and from personal use, I have found it to be more durable than CG, and the look is wetter with just as good reflections too.

I absolutely agree 100%. I was told by Meguiars eons ago (ok, when GC first came out and I bought some) that GC is an all in one, cleaner wax. At any rate, the durability is terrible and for that reason alone I would go with #26. #7 SCG and #26 are a knockout combo!

jmdlat
07-17-2002, 11:24 PM
Gold Class gets it done in 1 easy step and leaves a durable shine. #26 shines better and deeper, but requires more prep work with applying #9 or a cleaner/polish before it. Depends whats more important: Time or appearance of the car.

raugusta
07-17-2002, 11:54 PM
what about #7 show car glaze topped with gold class? pointless??? will the gold class remove the glaze?

imported_doug
07-18-2002, 12:40 AM
If Gold Class has any cleaners they are non-abrasive. It is extremely mild - I`m not sure it has ANY cleaning capabilities beyond whatever the c arrying solvents provide. Except for Souveran, on my black Porsche it is the deepest, wettest product I`ve ever used, including #26. Meguiar`s says it is shinier, and doesn`t last as long as #26.

But the main reason I use it is I like the liquid because it makes it easy to apply by orbital.

NattyBumppo
07-18-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by laynlow

I absolutely agree 100%. I was told by Meguiars eons ago (ok, when GC first came out and I bought some) that GC is an all in one, cleaner wax. At any rate, the durability is terrible and for that reason alone I would go with #26. #7 SCG and #26 are a knockout combo!

Agreed, #7 and #26 together is a knockout combination. And FWIW, from my experience #26 has no cleaning properties and far outlasts GC in protection. My truck beads like crazy even 6 weeks after a #26 application (non-garaged, daily driver).

VetteToVair
07-18-2002, 06:59 AM
carguy,

would i be ok to use GC as an SG topper? i`ve always been a little worried since i first heard about its "mild" cleaning properties.

ALAN81
07-18-2002, 08:10 AM
I really dont want to go into which is a cleaner or cleaner wax but when I used the 2 products GC had a deeper shine than #26(attracted more dust) bu t# 26 shine was better and lasted longer.ANYBODY ELSE?

VetteToVair
07-18-2002, 09:33 AM
thanks BlackRegal,

i`ll pick some up this week. :up

raugusta
07-18-2002, 03:14 PM
my question is, if I layer #7 with gold class will the cleaner in the gold class remove the #7 layer?

laynlow
07-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by raugusta

my question is, if I layer #7 with gold class will the cleaner in the gold class remove the #7 layer?

More than likely. If your going to use #7, then I would top with #20, #26, or Medallion Premium Paint Protection.