PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaners - How fast do you use yours

jsoto
07-17-2002, 04:04 PM
I just finished my 1 liter bottle of P21S in 2 months (3 cars - mine, wifey and my sons). Man, good stuff goes by fast.

I guess I`ll by the 5 liter this time around and save a little $ too.

Maybe I`m using too much per wheel, but it keeps my wheels looking clean.

Are there any other comparable wheel cleaners out there. I use P21S and it works great but I`m open to try other things. A quick scrub with my soft bristled brush, rinse and the wheels are sqeaky clean.

ALAN81
07-17-2002, 04:59 PM
A-Z WHEEL CLEANER IN A ORANGE BOTTLE CANT GO WRONG

imported_BretFraz
07-17-2002, 05:00 PM
You might want to consider EFHI. It`s a good deal by the gallon. It`s mild enough for frequent use and I`m sure its comparable to P21S.

I use Sonus Wheel Gel too (got it as a sample) and like it but it`s expensive.

Eagle One A2Z is a great spray on/hose off cleaner but is much stronger than P21S as its acid based. If you need a cleaner with some kick then that`s the one. Would be OK to use as a "support" cleaner if/when you run out of your favorite.

shaf
07-17-2002, 06:12 PM
I believe the new A2Z in the clear orange bottle is no longer acidic, but basic instead. (It sure feels basic that`s for sure! :eek: ) It still does seem like really strong stuff though - works fast, and lots of warnings on the bottle.

Anyone tried Turtle Wax Foaming Wheel Cleaner (trigger spray)? This stuff doesn`t sound half as dangerous and I wouldn`t be so nervous about using it.

2wheelsx2
07-17-2002, 06:21 PM
I think Forrest posted a note a while back saying that the new orange bottle is an alkaline solution, no longer acidic, because they deemed that it was more compatible with more types of new wheels.

imported_BretFraz
07-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Oops, I`m wrong. I recollect that E1 did change the formulation. I still have over a gallon of the old stuff and am living in the past.

Clarification: Joe (E 36 M SEDAN) is a tech rep at Eagle One. FORREST is a big shot at Mothers.