PDA

View Full Version : recommend a polish

wyang
07-17-2002, 09:39 AM
Well, I`ve got my P21S. Now I need some recommendations regarding polish. I`ll be picking up some #9 SMR today to help deal with the swirl marks. I just need some advice on what I should apply (if anything) between this and the P21S. Would #7 Show Car Glaze make a difference?

Sharkie
07-17-2002, 10:03 AM
#9 2.0 followed by your p21s wax should be fine. #9 is a very fine polish & has oils and fillers, I doubt a hand glaze would make much difference.

Adam

ALAN81
07-17-2002, 10:07 AM
I agree after those 2(#9 and P21S) you don`t need anything else.

RobD
07-17-2002, 10:25 AM
You could apply the P21S after the #9 SMR, but I`ve found the wax application goes a little smoother (spreads easier) if I follow a SMR with the P21S GEPC. The P21S GEPC probably leaves behind some filler and/or spreader, which is compatable with the P21S wax formula, allowing for better coverage with less waste. I`m splitting hairs here though, and it is another step. I`ve heard some say that following #9 SMR (espescially when machine applied and worked in well) with the #7 Glaze has made little or no difference in appearance. Another use for a glaze or filler type product with some chemical cleaning proporties is to remove excess residue that some SMR`s leave that won`t (easily) come off with distilled water.