PDA

View Full Version : My car has been egged.... again.

boarderx
07-17-2002, 07:30 AM
This is the 4th time since June that one of our cars have been egged. If I ever catch one of those little ***** they`re going down! Thankfully the sun had not risen over the trees, so it had no time to bake into the paint. I got it off with soap and water with no problem and it didn`t look like any after effects remained. I`m using Zaino on the car, hopefully it`s strong enough to resist the egg.

My question: does anyone know why eggs are so destructive to paint?

On another note, I`m thinking about setting up a motion tripped camcorder to try to see who`s doing this. I can tell they`ve been throwing them from inside a car because the aim is bad and the direction of the egg splatter coincides with the direction the car would be traveling on the street.

DaGonz
07-17-2002, 09:45 AM
The calcium of the egg shells act like small stones..it`s like throwing a handful of pebbles at your paint. When the egg gets thrown, the throwing motion imparts a rotation to the egg (like the way a baseball spins when thrown), when it impacts, the shell shatters, and you get the damage due to the inital impact and rotation of the egg in motion.

The yolk and egg whites are made up of amino acids...and we all know what acid can do to a paint finish!

Redcar GUY
07-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by bgruver

On another note, I`m thinking about setting up a motion tripped camcorder to try to see who`s doing this. I can tell they`ve been throwing them from inside a car because the aim is bad and the direction of the egg splatter coincides with the direction the car would be traveling on the street.

Sounds like a plan!

Idrops
07-17-2002, 10:13 PM
Gonzo,

Sounds like you know a little too much about eggin.

scoop
07-18-2002, 01:40 AM
Heh a couple weeks ago there were these idiots breaking windows of cars and stealing badges..

me, some friends and our cousins camped out on our roofs

one night with night vision and paintball guns and bats and waited them out. and we followed them as they ran to their car and busted their a***s to the cops.

Oh yeah and we did get a few good shots in :bounce

edgewise
07-18-2002, 11:23 AM
One word: Garage.

JasonC8301
07-18-2002, 11:46 AM
hahahah!!!!

Camp on the roof! camp on the roof!!! I would just wait for these eggers to come by and shoot them up with a paintball gun with. Gen 1 night vision is pretty cheap now a days. My cousin had an angel, unloaded 50 rounds of paintball very quickly in semi-auto, now if he had that auto chip installed.....

Also have a friend with a repeat CO2 powered pellet gun with a ghille suit waiting on the lawn to shoot at the windows.

Get plate number and let the cops handle it from there.

Well don`t have to take it that far, but these punks **** me off, especially after these small kids threw water ballons at my house.

Sascha knows this story........

Jason

boarderx
07-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Ripsnort

One word: Garage.

I keep my good car in the garage. I would really flip if my Acura got egged! :scared

I just found out that (most likely) the same kids threw a couple of smoke bombs into an open garage. The smoke went inside the house and the little kids got sick from it. It looks like it`s starting to heat up a bit. I may start sitting on my porch at night since they only seem to do this between 8:00 - 10:30 at night.

rbasales
07-19-2002, 07:55 AM
I think i read somewhere that a small amount of Vinegar in water will remove the egg stain off any paint.

Later, yasir