PDA

View Full Version : Fieldcrest towels: how to prepare for use?

Boongie
07-17-2002, 12:20 AM
I have done a search on Fieldcrest Charisma towels to find out how to get them ready for detailing use. What I have found is the following:

1. Wash them only with a liquid detergent like Tide and do not use fabric softener.

2. Cut the edges away and serge before first use`.

My questions are:

1. After cutting away the edges, do you just serge the remaining edge or do you fold them over and then serge?

2. Any special stitch pattern recommended?

3. What do you do about the narrow flat pattern strip that resides near each short end of the towel? Should it also be cut away prior to serging (thus making the towel even smaller)?

4. Should the towels be washed prior to first use?

Thanks for any help.

NewMINICooperS
07-17-2002, 08:24 AM
if you go over to corvetteforum.com and look for the user koverall - he is a zaino distributor and also sells Fieldcrest Charisma towels that have already been cut and restiched with cotton and had the tags removed.

Also don`t use fabric sheets in the dryer and dry at a medium heat....some feel that taking them out while just a hair damp too is best and letting them air dry.

You will want to wash them 1 or 2 times before you get them to remove any grime or film on them...i wash them atleast twice as it helps get ride of the fuzzies(lint) left by them while they are new....though easily removed with a california duster.

turnipgreen
07-17-2002, 08:50 AM
I cut off the edges and the decorative strip. I haven`t been restitching, just letting it fray. It hasn`t been that big of a problem as of yet. The user mentioned above from the corvette forum is also a user here, and has posted a few times recently.

Vegas1
07-17-2002, 11:58 AM
I also have never stitched mine (though I`ve tried very hard to get the wife to do it for me).:nixweiss I`ve never had a problem either, though they do tend to get a bit messy after they come out of the dryer with all the loose ends. So I just take the scissors to them and problem solved.