PDA

View Full Version : Dust & Zaino

jw
07-16-2002, 02:50 PM
I thought Zaino was supposed to not attract dust. Ever since switching to zaino it seems i can only go one day of having my car outside before it needs to be washed again. Will more coats zaino help?

BradE
07-16-2002, 02:55 PM
Please check your PM`s. Thanks.

jmsc
07-16-2002, 03:06 PM
dust repellant and not a dust collector. That`s 1 major reason why I was looking to start using Z. What happenned here?

briggs7@comcast.net
07-16-2002, 04:33 PM
Applied Zaino on the weekend, and car is attructing dust like crazy. And worst

of all - that is BLACK car ! Looks like time to buy Cali. duster ....

square
07-16-2002, 04:35 PM
I believe that Z6 must be used to minimize the dust attraction. I used Z6 between coats of Z2, and have little dust on the car. I know it is less dust compared with carnuba wax on the same car. So if you did not use Z6, that may be it.

Lou

briggs7@comcast.net
07-16-2002, 04:39 PM
OK - I have already applied Z6 in the morning ..... will see ....

Brad B
07-16-2002, 07:14 PM
Everything attracts dust. But Zaino does have an anti static ingredient in it`s additives that will help reduce the attraction. Certain cars, and certain parts of cars like plastic bumpers are notoriously bad static builders, especially on newer cars. Fact of life.:(

I use Zaino on my computer and TV. It works!:up

chevyguy28
07-16-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Brad B.

Everything attracts dust. But Zaino does have an anti static ingredient in it`s additives that will help reduce the attraction. Certain cars, and certain parts of cars like plastic bumpers are notoriously bad static builders, especially on newer cars. Fact of life.:(

I use Zaino on my computer and TV. It works!:up

The adverse effect would be glare. Now it`s ten times worse. :sosad

briggs7@comcast.net
07-17-2002, 06:32 AM
ok - had a look at the car this morning - it IS dusty again. And it is as much

dusty as yesterday morning before application of Z6. Well, my new Cali.

duster is already seasoning on the newspapers .... Lets hope that thing does not

scratch ...

eboller
07-17-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by olek

ok - had a look at the car this morning - it IS dusty again. And it is as much

dusty as yesterday morning before application of Z6. Well, my new Cali.

duster is already seasoning on the newspapers .... Lets hope that thing does not

scratch ...

Try cleaning your garage =P.

Seriously though--if dust falls from the sky it isn`t going to be magically repelled off the car. The attraction will be decreased--in other words when you drive much of it may fly off for a day or two. However dust and other stuff will accumulate over time. Zaino won`t keep it off forever. Nor will anything. For me it does seem to help a little but there is nothing that will keep it completely off.

Eric

imported_memnuts
07-17-2002, 07:47 AM
Zaino does not completely make your car dust resistant. It does decrease the attraction of dust. I noticed that the dust repellancy increased with the number of coats added and subsequent Z7 washings. When I first applied Zaino it attracted dust like crazy but I believe this was a result of static build-up. Over time the dust attraction is almost null. Yes, my car is garaged but it can sit for a week inside and only a very, very small amount of dust is on the car. A light Cali dusting or a short drive normally blows it all off. Be patient. As the number of coats increase the effectiveness of the anti-static properties of Zaino will also increase.

Nevertheless, as mentioned earlier if you live in a dusty environment even Zaino will lost the battle. A Cali duster would be a good addition and is completely safe for you finish if used properly ( very light contact when dusting, never touch ground and never use on a DIRTY car.) :wavey

briggs7@comcast.net
07-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

When I first applied Zaino it attracted dust like crazy but I believe this was a result of static build-up.

Exactly !

How long time it usually takes to get the static out ?

DETAILKING
07-17-2002, 11:50 AM
Static could come from your towels. Remember to dry your towels on low and take them out damp and let them air dry the rest of the way.

imported_memnuts
07-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by olek

Exactly !

How long time it usually takes to get the static out ?

After the first wash with Z7. Also when I first started Zaino I was layering almost every 24hrs which did not allow the car surface to demagnetize itself. I was so excited about this new and fantastic product that I could not stop applying it. As the frequency of application decreased the amount of dust attraction also decreased. :D

Also note DK`s point about having static free towels. I never wipe down the car with towels that have just come out of the dryer and rarely allow them to completely dry in the dryer. :wavey

briggs7@comcast.net
07-17-2002, 12:58 PM
I am using hand-washed air-dried MF towels and I had washed the car with Z7

next day after application. Oh, dear, I forgot that I have applied another coat

then.

I swear I will not repeat that ! :) I will be good ! :)

Actually - I have Blitz and S100 on the way. Gonna try them to get wetter look

( Zaino is VERY reflective but I would prefer something that looks deeper ).

Anyway - for the winter Zaino is the way to go. but summer - is ideal time to

experiment.

BTW - is there any way to apply Blitz and P21S with PC ? I am lazy :)

And I love PC !