PDA

View Full Version : I ruined my car

Pages : [1] 2

bigdipper
07-16-2002, 02:03 PM
I was trying to fix the interior lights on my SC on my front yard just a moment ago. The yard is inclined and I was lain half way out of the car and looking at the electric cables behind the steering wheel. Then I turned the power on and car started to roll towards the street, I jumped into the car as fast as I could but I was late big time. The door got hit by a fence pole and it turned all the way forward. It almost hit the wheel and the front fender got crushed also.

So it`s real bad now, looking horrible... The door wont evenclose. I have to call the insurance company tomorrow morning to see what they have to say about it. Hopefully they fix it....

I`m real sad now. :( :( :( :( :sosad

Redcar GUY
07-16-2002, 02:06 PM
OMG sorry to hear man!

:eek:

C. Charles Hahn
07-16-2002, 02:07 PM
OWCH!! Thats no good..... was the car in neutral/parking brake off or did it just start rolling for no reason??

bjwebster
07-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Ouchy....Sorry Man! Hopefully it will be better than new in no time!:sosad :sosad

bigdipper
07-16-2002, 02:09 PM
The car was in Park and somehow it started to roll out from the yard and couldn`t stop it fast enough. :(

tsnack
07-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Oh man! That`s terrible news! :(

Good thing is you weren`t UNDER the car when that happened.

Glad you`re alright....:(

shaf
07-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Sorry to hear about that :(

I don`t get it though - why should the car roll if the power goes on? If it`s in Park it should still be held by the transmission shouldn`t it? Is this a Ford thing?

:(

caddyman
07-16-2002, 03:02 PM
I feel ya! My car rolled on me while i was adjusting the parking brake on my 85, good thing I caught it!

Hope ot turns out OK!

imported_seres
07-16-2002, 03:17 PM
I`m so sorry to hear that! But also glad you weren`t hurt -- we had a friend whose teenage daughter had her foot broken when their mini-van was knocked out of gear and the front tire rolled over her.

I hope all goes well with your insurance and you can have your car fixed soon!!

volfan
07-16-2002, 04:35 PM
Insurance should cover it, sorry to hear.:( Look on the bright side,you`ll be getting new paint on the door and fender, which is something we could all use:xyxthumbs

itsme
07-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Really sorry to hear about that. But try and look at the silver lining that no one was hurt, otherwise this would be a tragedy instead of a bad accident.

imported_memnuts
07-17-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by itsme

Really sorry to hear about that. But try and look at the silver lining that no one was hurt, otherwise this would be a tragedy instead of a bad accident.

Well stated!

ragtopgolfer
07-17-2002, 10:11 AM
bad accident = better than a good tradgedy?

imported_Intel486
07-17-2002, 04:03 PM
Man... that is bad news!

I`ve heard about the parking gear breaking before, which is why I always use the parking brake on vehicles when I`m working on them.

Can we get a picture of the damage? Maybe post it in the media gallery with DavidB`s porche. http://www.autopia-carport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=mediaGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=5

ALAN81
07-17-2002, 04:34 PM
You didn`t get hurt and that`s what counts...............Your car will be fixed and as good as new.Let them also fix the interior light the correct way